Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of HENDRIX MARSHALLS up for sale on EBAY !!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marshall Freak

Why do people buy SRV Strats? Why do people buy Duane Allman Sig Les Pauls. Why are people buying amps like Dimebag used?

Even if the amp, isn't Jimi's amp, to say "I'd only pay 400-500 for it" is retarded. The amp, alone, without being owned by Jimi is worth about 10 times that much.

The guy didn't start this thread did he? How can he be accused of spamming his own auction, by responding to a thread about his auction?

I think what they're doing, is the right thing to do. He pulled the auction, and Marshall has the amp, they're going to do the legwork, to authenticate it and decide if it's legit. I don't see why you guys are getting your panties in a wad over this.

+1
    ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©©º°¨¨°º© ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©

Sandhills Studios, Liverpool UK

Comment

Even if the amp, isn't Jimi's amp, to say "I'd only pay 400-500 for it" is retarded. The amp, alone, without being owned by Jimi is worth about 10 times that much.

Seriously, that thing is beat to death. I wonder if it even works?

I would be ashamed to pull that heap out on stage and then expect it to last the night...........

Comment

This thread is so full of stupidy it's ****************ing incredible, it's like every single one of the biggest retards that read this forum posted the dumbest thing he could think of in this one thread.
        "Maybe turning down the suck knob could help but I'm no tech. " --joesl8

Comment

Originally posted by ptah
          This thread is so full of stupidy it's ****************ing incredible, it's like every single one of the biggest retards that read this forum posted the dumbest thing he could think of in this one thread.

Are you a politician?
          Vyizder Zomenimor Orziz Aziz Zanerz Orziz

Comment

I stress the fact that this Amplifier was listed with every intention of selling it, Very quickly we realised that there was a great deal unknown about what we had. After a meeting with Marshall amplification we took the decision to remove the item from the auction to enable us to gather all the available information to give everyone the chance to be sure of what we had. This seems to be the only fair way to proceed.
            This item will go back on sale at some point but we are currently unable to speculate as to the time and place.
            Any relevant information regarding this matter as a whole will be placed on our web site as and when it becomes available.
            A copy of this is on our web site.
            www.dfuk.org.uk
            i am soooooooo tired....

Comment

Good luck with your ordeal Rich. People always ask me why I don't put a certain item up on Ebay - now I can just give them a copy of this thread and the one that was deleted over at the FDP and say "THIS is why".
              Cheers, Trev
              Vyizder Zomenimor Orziz Aziz Zanerz Orziz

Comment

Originally posted by ptah

Absofreakinglutely! I cannot believe some of the off the wall comments I am reading about this amp.

If this amp is the real thing, it is a collector's piece, the value of which is in the (past) ownership and not the way it currently sounds. While it is possible that a big-named recording artist could purchase it to use in a recording environment, more likely this will be purchased by an affluent Hendrix collector or by a museum. Establishing the provenance of the amp (i.e. that it is unquestionably what it is purports to be) back to date of original purchase will be the key. At these dollar levels, old stencils do not cut it for me. Supposedly there is a photograph of Hendrix with an amp with the same/similar damage. This would be very relevant, but not absolute, proof. I'm not sure I would even accept the recollections of a burned out ex-Hendrix roadie. This amp must have been serviced by someone at some point to correct all the damage. Those records, if found, might be conclusive if they show the name of the owner who brought it in for servicing. Of course, the best proof is a sales receipt showing purchase by Hendrix or someone in his employ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket

Seriously, that thing is beat to death. I wonder if it even works?

I would be ashamed to pull that heap out on stage and then expect it to last the night...........

Beat to death? because it's got a few tears, and the Marshall emblem is broken? You don't know **************** about Vintage amps do you? You might be ashamed to pull it out, but I bet it will outlast any amp you've got. ****************, let's see what your amps look like in 40 years?

Comment

Originally posted by DRIVING FORCE
                    I stress the fact that this Amplifier was listed with every intention of selling it, Very quickly we realised that there was a great deal unknown about what we had. After a meeting with Marshall amplification we took the decision to remove the item from the auction to enable us to gather all the available information to give everyone the chance to be sure of what we had. This seems to be the only fair way to proceed.
                    This item will go back on sale at some point but we are currently unable to speculate as to the time and place.
                    Any relevant information regarding this matter as a whole will be placed on our web site as and when it becomes available.
                    www.dfuk.org.uk

I know I've given you flack for the spelling on the auction; I've just seen a lot of obvious scams that've had pretty bad spelling. I haven't seen anything to indicate the amp itself isn't the real thing, though.

I know this thread has had some pretty bad moments. Hopefully, if nothing else, you might be rewarded with more proof/authentification and command more out of the amp. If you're an honest guy (and I haven't seen anything to indicate you're not on this thread), I hope everything works out well for you, and you might even find a better venue for selling it.
                    __________________________________________________ ________
                    Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

Beat to death? because it's got a few tears, and the Marshall emblem is broken? You don't know **************** about Vintage amps do you? You might be ashamed to pull it out, but I bet it will outlast any amp you've got. ****************, let's see what your amps look like in 40 years?

It IS basically beat to death ..... looks like YOU don't know much about vintage amps some are beat to death and some have been well cared for ......... I prefer the latter.......

I guess you missed all the close up pictures on it.....

I doubt it will last another 6 months ........my amps will have no problem. I bet if you plug it in, and if it fires up .... you are pretty lucky.

.....who knows if those 40 year old transformers are going to blow ....... could blow any second..... ...... not to mention 40 year old solder joints ...... old electronics are shaky at best.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIVING FORCE
                        www.dfuk.org.uk

According to your listing, you've been in possession of this amp since 1971. Now you claim that 8 days after posting it for sale on ebay, suddenly there's "a great deal unknown about what you had, and information needs to be gathered?" Yeah. Okay...

Comment

It's really lame to put an Item up for auction and then withdraw it. Ebay should not allow it. IMO it's not really an auction if the seller can change his mind at any time. I know there was a disclaimer that said the amp might be withdrawn, but its still Lame!!!!
                          I'm not deaf..... I'm ignoring you

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket

It IS basically beat to death ..... looks like YOU don't know much about vintage amps some are beat to death and some have been well cared for ......... I prefer the latter.......

I guess you missed all the close up pictures on it.....

I doubt it will last another 6 months ........my amps will have no problem. I bet if you plug it in, and if it fires up .... you are pretty lucky.

.....who knows if those 40 year old transformers are going to blow ....... could blow any second..... ...... not to mention 40 year old solder joints ...... old electronics are shaky at best.

©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©©º°¨¨°º© ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©

Sandhills Studios, Liverpool UK

Comment

hehe, what a lovely nice peoples thread of bliss

anyone for tea ?
                              Rock Hard, Rock Heavy, Rock Widdley Widdley.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister2
                                hehe, what a lovely nice peoples thread of bliss

anyone for tea ?

What kind of tea? I quite would like a spot of peppermint

Comment

Working...
                                X