One of HENDRIX MARSHALLS up for sale on EBAY !!!!

Dr. Tweedbucket

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would first like to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for putting this all together, my management, family, friends, and most of all, the lovely Spongebob; without him, none of this would be possible.

Thank you, thank you all...

• Members

From the website.

"With regret we have had to remove this item from eBay but due to some exiting news. Rich Dickinson's DRIVING FORCE and Marshall Amplification PLC have come to an agreement in which This Amplifier is to Temporarily remain in the care of Marshall Amplification PLC for Final Authentication. During this process an exact replica will be kindly built by Marshall Amplification PLC for Rich Dickinson's DRIVING FORCE to tour. Over the coming months there will be a limited opportunity to experience the incredible sound of this Amplifier. Early indication's show that this Amplifier was probably built in the latter part of 1966 and is now analyzed in detail.

We now have in our possession, The original receipt for the sale of the Amp and also the original Melody Maker complete paper in which the advert was placed. We have also been advised that there is a picture which shows this Amplifier with Jimi Hendrix but we are as yet to view ourselves. There is a further meeting arranged between M.A and R.D Early next month. At that time we hope to have more information which we can pass on to all the interested parties through this website and the media"

• Members
Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket

funny to see all the hype.......
:rolleyes:

I would pay maybe $400 to $500 bucks for something like that and hope I could get the spray paint all off of it without having to retolex it......
:o

this isn't just an amp that you would practice in the garage with, it is a potential museum piece. It is like saying "i'd never drive round in a model T ford - load of junk"

• Members
Originally posted by DRIVING FORCE

we have a press release on our website which should help explain thing's.

www.dfuk.org.uk

So Marshall is going to get the specs from your amp and in return they will give you a copy so you can tour with it.

I have a feeling I know whats going to be released at Namm next year...

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

this isn't just an amp that you would practice in the garage with, it is a potential museum piece. It is like saying "i'd never drive round in a model T ford - load of junk"

IMO, I cant justify paying that much money for an old beatup amp a guitar legend MIGHT have played. I dont think any of us on this forum are running a museum, which is probably where something like this. All it really would be is a dust collector until you sold it again, but probably for less money than you bought it for. But I guess if someone has that kind of money to blow, more power to em. Plus Jimi probably played hundreds upon hundreds of these things....BUT say if this was his first amp like this that he kept all his life, paying that much might justify it a little but more. But to each his own I suppose.

• Members

Originally posted by PuppetOfMasters

IMO, I cant justify paying that much money for an old beatup amp a guitar legend MIGHT have played. I dont think any of us on this forum are running a museum, which is probably where something like this. All it really would be is a dust collector until you sold it again, but probably for less money than you bought it for. But I guess if someone has that kind of money to blow, more power to em. Plus Jimi probably played hundreds upon hundreds of these things....BUT say if this was his first amp like this that he kept all his life, paying that much might justify it a little but more. But to each his own I suppose.

Totally agree - I doubt ANYONE here could afford that kind of money. However I like to read about these kind of things since they are not the norm - I'd get sick of reading about Powerballs and 5150s all day. Sometimes its interesting to read about something different.

• Members

I'd get sick of reading about Powerballs and 5150s all day.

I swear this is the only place where Powerballs and other ENGL's are so damn popular. Anywhere else they are practically UNKNOWN. Hell if I hadnt came to this forum, I wouldnt of bought mine:cool: .

• Members

1. It hasn't been proven the Jimi ever actually owned the amp. :o

2. The seller makes it out to be the holy grail tone monster ..... it probably sounds about like any other late 60s Marshall amp...... and by looking at it, probably worse...... :mad:

3. Jimi owned and played through 100s of amps ...... and say he DID own this amp; considering how flakey the early Marshalls were, how do we know that this amp wasn't a total lemon and Jimi HATED it ? ........ :confused:

:o

• Members

The stamp is what makes that amp valuable. It means the amp was owned by Jimi instead of the hundreds he played through gigging around. I would think it would be hard to conterfeit that. The paint used could be dated. People who were around at the time could testify to the logo's accuracy.(I know because I'm a doctor and have heard of cases where lawyers had medical records INK dated in malpractice cases) The guy who owns it would also have a lot of balls to let Marshall go over it if it was fake.
Hendix guitars have sold in the mid six figures. This amp could easily be worth that if authentic. I'd say that amp is in the right hands.A "reissue" is probably in the cards.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

The stamp is what makes that amp valuable. It means the amp was owned by Jimi instead of the hundreds he played through gigging around. I would think it would be hard to conterfeit that. The paint used could be dated. People who were around at the time could testify to the logo's accuracy.(I know because I'm a doctor and have heard of cases where lawyers had medical records INK dated in malpractice cases) The guy who owns it would also have a lot of balls to let Marshall go over it if it was fake.

Hendix guitars have sold in the mid six figures. This amp could easily be worth that if authentic. I'd say that amp is in the right hands.A "reissue" is probably in the cards.

Why somebody would have done it, who knows, but anybody could have used a stencil to mark the amp back then. The age of the paint would not be certain evidence. There's a lot more than a stencil marking medical records, there's handwriting and often times signatures.

• Members

Originally posted by giblespaul2001

I think the guy is full of BS. He had NO intentions on selling that amp and just used it to create all this hype and to steer everyone to his bands website. "If you want to hear how the amp sounded check out the list of gigs" something to that effect.

Doesn't this whole thing just make you oh-so curious to hear this guy's band? *snicker*

Somewhere out there, King_V is buying stencils and spray paint.

• Members

I think it'd be pretty cool if marshall brought out a hendrix amp

he either used Plexi's or Fenders, and both of those amps have been reissued, so what would make Jimi's sig amp (if he had one) different?

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

he either used Plexi's or Fenders, and both of those amps have been reissued, so what would make Jimi's sig amp (if he had one) different?

Why do people buy SRV Strats? Why do people buy Duane Allman Sig Les Pauls. Why are people buying amps like Dimebag used?

Even if the amp, isn't Jimi's amp, to say "I'd only pay 400-500 for it" is retarded. The amp, alone, without being owned by Jimi is worth about 10 times that much.

The guy didn't start this thread did he? How can he be accused of spamming his own auction, by responding to a thread about his auction?

I think what they're doing, is the right thing to do. He pulled the auction, and Marshall has the amp, they're going to do the legwork, to authenticate it and decide if it's legit. I don't see why you guys are getting your panties in a wad over this. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by francois_cevert

Doesn't this whole thing just make you oh-so curious to hear this guy's band? *snicker*

Somewhere out there, King_V is buying stencils and spray paint.

You sir, are very perceptive. It is an exact King-V

tactic.

• Members
Originally posted by Marshall Freak

Why do people buy SRV Strats? Why do people buy Duane Allman Sig Les Pauls. Why are people buying amps like Dimebag used?

Even if the amp, isn't Jimi's amp, to say "I'd only pay 400-500 for it" is retarded. The amp, alone, without being owned by Jimi is worth about 10 times that much.

The guy didn't start this thread did he? How can he be accused of spamming his own auction, by responding to a thread about his auction?

I think what they're doing, is the right thing to do. He pulled the auction, and Marshall has the amp, they're going to do the legwork, to authenticate it and decide if it's legit. I don't see why you guys are getting your panties in a wad over this.
:rolleyes:

+1 :)

Archived