OT: young 15 year old kid playing angelo!

mad axe man

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm still trying to dl that Doug Aldrich video. I'll check this out later. But I don't like Angelo's playing or technique, so I probably won't like this. But still if he can play that style well, good for him. Give me Gilbert or Malmsteen or Aldrich type playing for shred.

• Members

Originally posted by buddastrat

I'm still trying to dl that Doug Aldrich video. I'll check this out later. But I don't like Angelo's playing or technique, so I probably won't like this. But still if he can play that style well, good for him. Give me Gilbert or Malmsteen or Aldrich type playing for shred.

me too but for a 15 year old my god how did he get that amount of technique:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by jackson soloist usa

me too but for a 15 year old my god how did he get that amount of technique:confused:

If one is talented and starts to play virtuoso- stuff directly when picking up guitar playing, it's possible to get on very good speed and shredding technique level in 2-3 years...

• Members

Originally posted by ninja of love

My bad. I keep forgetting music is a skills competition.
:cry:

Yeah dude, I know this kid who is 4 years old, already outshredding the best in the world!!! By the time he is 7 he will have invented a new instrument.

• Members

Umm,that sucked.His slow playing had no feel and his vibrato is weak,not to mention much of his bending is out of tune.The fast playing is sloppy and inaccurate (you can hear open strings sounding all over the place).Wasn't impressed at all,though I will say he is a lot better than I was at 15.

• Members

Originally posted by jackson soloist usa

man most of you are a bunch of assholes here!:

what a POS forum!

WTF?

are you that insucure are what?

:freak:

the kid is good for a 15 year old

Exactly. {censored}, its not like the kid is claiming to be the best guitar player ever. He just posted a video on a website showing something he learned and is probably proud of it.

And I call bull{censored} to the amount of people here that say "I could do that no problem. That is easy". :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Flinty

Exactly. {censored}, its not like the kid is claiming to be the best guitar player ever. He just posted a video on a website showing something he learned and is probably proud of it.

And I call bull{censored} to the amount of people here that say "I could do that no problem. That is easy".
:rolleyes:

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Diablo II

personally i prefer three good notes to that

yeah gimme dave gilmore anyday but all i was trying to say is that this kid has some pretty damn good chops.

I like brian may,gilmore,clapton,etc

but also can appreciate a 15 that can fly like that:)

• Members

Yeah, gotta say that coming up on Hendrix, Gilmour, Santana and Page gave "us old guys" a certain perspective that these kids who listen to nothing but shred and death metal just don't have.

His technique is great, especially for a 15 year old, but go meet some girls, go have some life experience, go figure out what the {censored} you are trying to say with music other than "look at me I can play faster than you!".

There are young people who do have the emotional capacity for great playing - look at Derek Trucks. But far more often you just get social retards who stay home playing scales and arps all day and don't have anything to say with it.

I'm not knocking this kid - this is one vid of him playing a specific tune designed for the chops - who knows, maybe he loves Hendrix and plays a mean Purple Haze, and he has years ahead of him to develop, and he is well on his way, very impressive - but the division between the shredder camp and the old guy hater camp is a valid musical discussion.

All these shredder kids look bored as {censored} to me - that Oscar Peterson vid kid was much better, IMHO, had a bit o life to him.

I'll tell ya, I have never gotten a gig or a session because of my shredding ability or lack thereof. Most people I know haven't. So while its neat this kid can do this, its sad that that's his focus. I would take being a great musician over being a great guitarist any day.