Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own a 6x12" cab?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of putting wheels on it like a Ampeg 8x10. Y'know, you rock it back & wheel it away. I can't see that it will affect the internal acoustics. It's so big anyway.

Dolf, how did you manage to get 6 speakers to add up to 8 ohms?
    Cheers & God Bless

Comment

a full stack is cooler

Comment

a full stack is cooler

Comment

I want to make a pregnant cab consisting of 2x10's up top and a 15" on the bottom.
          CHANGE: 1. Demoralization 2. Destabilization 3. Crisis 4. Normalization

Comment

I want to make a pregnant cab consisting of 2x10's up top and a 15" on the bottom.
            CHANGE: 1. Demoralization 2. Destabilization 3. Crisis 4. Normalization

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RaceU4her
              View Post

a full stack is cooler

I reckon it's harder to cart about.

A 6x12 only takes up a little more vertical room than a quad whereas for a full stack you need to another entire quad.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71
              View Post

Thats cool. I actually thought about build a 2x15/2x12 cab. Would have MASSIVE sound but it would make a 6x12 look like a matchbox. A bit like Lemmy Kilminster's bass rig. Marshall valve head, 4x12 and 4x15!!!
              Cheers & God Bless

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RaceU4her
                View Post

a full stack is cooler

I reckon it's harder to cart about.

A 6x12 only takes up a little more vertical room than a quad whereas for a full stack you need to another entire quad.

View Post

Thats cool. I actually thought about build a 2x15/2x12 cab. Would have MASSIVE sound but it would make a 6x12 look like a matchbox. A bit like Lemmy Kilminster's bass rig. Marshall valve head, 4x12 and 4x15!!!
                Cheers & God Bless

Comment

View Post

Screw that. 2 10s, 1 18. PURE ROCK FURY!!!!!
                  Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                  Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

View Post

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                    Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by greg apocalypse
                      View Post

I actually did make one myself, and it was the best sounding cabinet I've ever played, even over my current Aftershock cabinet.

If the forum gets fixed soon, I'll find a link to the thread.

If you want one, do it, just be prepared to spend some dough. My dad and I built it together, it was a rad father son bonding project, and of course 6x12's are bad as ****************. My interior bracing was also a little different than normal too, which I think helped with the sound. I don't know, I'm not an engineer.

I used 3 v30's on one side and 3 G12H30's on the other, wired the cab in stereo. Impedance was kind of weird, but not too bad. I didn't really notice a difference in sound with the different impedance speakers. I think mine was like this:

16 | 16

8 | 8

8 | 8

with the 8's wired in series and then parallel to the 16 (or the other way, can't think right now), which made each side 8 ohms by itself.

Loved that cab. Hated moving it.

what would you estimate total cost without speakers?

it seems that everyone thinks they can build cabs cheap, but the companies that do it professionally pass the savings of having all of the special tools, jigs, and experience on through their prices, even if it seems (and if said this many times) complete ****************ing stupid to pay that much for a wooden box.

still, im kind of thinking about doing a 112 or 212 just to do it. though when done, im not sure whether i will be proud i did it or pissed i didnt just get an aftershock/orange/avatar/etc. from a financial standpoint.
                      great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
                      SG ARMY

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by greg apocalypse
                        View Post

I actually did make one myself, and it was the best sounding cabinet I've ever played, even over my current Aftershock cabinet.

If the forum gets fixed soon, I'll find a link to the thread.

If you want one, do it, just be prepared to spend some dough. My dad and I built it together, it was a rad father son bonding project, and of course 6x12's are bad as ****************. My interior bracing was also a little different than normal too, which I think helped with the sound. I don't know, I'm not an engineer.

I used 3 v30's on one side and 3 G12H30's on the other, wired the cab in stereo. Impedance was kind of weird, but not too bad. I didn't really notice a difference in sound with the different impedance speakers. I think mine was like this:

16 | 16

8 | 8

8 | 8

with the 8's wired in series and then parallel to the 16 (or the other way, can't think right now), which made each side 8 ohms by itself.

Loved that cab. Hated moving it.

what would you estimate total cost without speakers?

it seems that everyone thinks they can build cabs cheap, but the companies that do it professionally pass the savings of having all of the special tools, jigs, and experience on through their prices, even if it seems (and if said this many times) complete ****************ing stupid to pay that much for a wooden box.

still, im kind of thinking about doing a 112 or 212 just to do it. though when done, im not sure whether i will be proud i did it or pissed i didnt just get an aftershock/orange/avatar/etc. from a financial standpoint.

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

SG ARMY

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
                          View Post

That's pretty much a bass cab though, isn't it?

For that matter, so is a 1x15/2x10.

I do like Randall's RS125XL with the 2 Vintage 30s & the single Eminence Legend 15" but they're asking AUD$1199 here in Oz.
                          Cheers & God Bless

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by kombi1976
                            View Post

That's pretty much a bass cab though, isn't it?

For that matter, so is a 1x15/2x10.

I do like Randall's RS125XL with the 2 Vintage 30s & the single Eminence Legend 15" but they're asking AUD$1199 here in Oz.

Well, yeah, so?

It works for certain styles. Slamming a fuzz pedal through 150 watts of 1970s solid state goodness is one of those styles.

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

i had an acoustic 215 for a while. bass cab my ass! that thing ruled. EV SRO15s

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

SG ARMY

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
                                View Post

SCREW that! 1x10 1x12 1x18 . SNOW MAN CAB!!!!!!!!!!!
                                ma band
                                Domanationband.com

Amps Guitars
                                Rectoverb American Deluxe HSS Strat
                                Laney vh100 Squire Classic Vibe Tele
                                Reeves superlead high gain
                                Classic 50

Comment

Working...
                                X