Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between behringer xenyx and eurorack mixers?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between behringer xenyx and eurorack mixers?

Does anyone know what the difference between them is? I need a very cheap mixer and behringer fits my needs perfectly but I can't really see what the difference is between those models. On a thread on some other forum someone took apart a xenyx and found that the circuit board itself actually said "eurorack" and is the identical circuit board used in the comparable eurorack.

Anyone know?
    Current gear:
    A whole bunch of stuff!

Hear me play at my Soundclick music page. Here.

I think the Xenyx mixers are just the updated version of the UB. The main thing that Behringer says about the Xenyx is that they have better Mic Pre's. Not sure if that is actually true, but that is the word I have.
    Good deals with: Alley Trash, Sheraton, Shred-O-holic, FckStick Jones, Verence, CiceroTjones, Dwellar, Cadillacman, FuzzyDXMG, TheBumRush, Mojambo, theincredible, cat five x2, Leer43, Zemmy

Comment

A marketing ploy to make them appear more like Mackie Onyx (and probably a few changes electronicly).
      J.R. Previously jrble

See my Dog Of The Hair studio at: http://www.dogoth.com/studio/

Quote from someone: Flat response? Get out the jack and change the tire.
      If you think "power is knowledge", you have it backwards.

Comment

A marketing ploy to make them appear more like Mackie Onyx (and probably a few changes electronicly).

But Xenyx has 5 letters and Onyx has 4. That
        "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

Band promo shots on railroad tracks were cool in 1981...

Comment

But Xenyx has 5 letters and Onyx has 4. That
          Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob

The Regulars

Comment

one sucks and one really sucks.

Comment

one sucks and one really sucks.

Well, maybe in your opinion.

However, in my opinion the xenyx pres sound pretty good. Our vocals really sit above the mix with clarity, crispness and plenty of bottom-end.

Of course, there are plenty of reasons why some mixers sound good and why some sound bad. One of the top-rated bands, in this area, uses Behringer equipment for part of their PA. Their sound is clear and powerful.

We saw a new band, last night, that appears to have spent quite a bit of money on their PA. JBL, Mackie, etc. They didn't sound too good.

mike

Comment

good god someone just ban behringer around here already. i'm so sick of reading about this ill conceived poorly executed cheap bastardized crap already.

pro's do not use behringer.
                band status - "its complicated"

Comment

Funny, I didn't realize that this forum was just for pros.

Comment

maybe we should add a behringer kiddy forum then.

Comment

Behringer does not belong in the music realm, it belongs in the landfill.

Pros don't use 'em, amatuers should not use them, novices only like them because they are cheap. They're cheap for a reason, you get what you pay for. You gotta start somewhere but they are a poor place to start.

Behringers are worthless garbage whose products clearly and unequivocally plagliarize other well established products - a fact derived from experience, not opinion.
                      this sig no verb

Comment

Well, maybe in your opinion.

However, in my opinion the xenyx pres sound pretty good. Our vocals really sit above the mix with clarity, crispness and plenty of bottom-end.

Of course, there are plenty of reasons why some mixers sound good and why some sound bad. One of the top-rated bands, in this area, uses Behringer equipment for part of their PA. Their sound is clear and powerful.

We saw a new band, last night, that appears to have spent quite a bit of money on their PA. JBL, Mackie, etc. They didn't sound too good.

mike

What part of the PA was Blowinger and what did the rest of the PA consist of.? What model of JBL did the bad sounding band use?

Comment

Both JBL and Mackie have lines of bottom-rung product that is as poor performing as Behringer.

Lots of bands don't sound too good for many, many reasons -- most are probably not intrinsic to the gear used.
                          -

Comment

i heard a band sound poor using a midas mixer.

Comment

Funny, I didn't realize that this forum was just for pros.

Maybe not just for pros but this forum does help people that believe low cost is the most important aspect in a sound system. Behringer is in no means considered pro gear. That doesn
                              "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

Band promo shots on railroad tracks were cool in 1981...

Comment

• Working...
                                X