Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Mic do you own and use on stage?

I know there are as almost many brands of Mics as there as cars. I use Sennheiser E835 a lot. Never like the Sm58. Never will.

E835, though I don't mind the SM58. I think the 835 has a bit of a bump in the 2k-6k range, which makes it sound brighter and "better" to people. I just like it cause its a good workhorse, sounds good, decent rejection, etc.
    Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

Originally Posted by eco1

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

Shures: 2 SM58's, 2 PE 50's (much better than the 58's), 5 SM 57's, beta 52A, and an SM 10 headset mic...
      AKG: WMS wireless headset system, with a C520 headset mic
      Sennheiser: e-935

the Sennheiser is my main mic, i use the akg when needed and carry one of the PE 50's for a backup...
      poast something...

Comment

Shure Beta 58 or a Beta 87a. Both are great mics.
        Also have an EV N/D 767 is very good.

Comment

Shure beta 87a. I'm a big fan of small diaphragm condensers for live use. This one goes for $250 or so. The sm86 is a little cheaper ($180) but also really nice. Dynamic mics are fine for heavy rock, hip-hop or screaming, but for the kind of music normally done solo or in duos (why we're all here ) I think the condensers are a lot better and well worth the extra $$$.
          Jersey Jack

Gibson J45 & Hummingbird
          Martin 000-28
          Deering Sierra Banjo

"If you don’t like Springsteen that means you don’t like Woody Guthrie, which means you don’t like songs." Justin Townes Earle

Comment

My partner and I use EV N/D767A microphones for vocals, and I use an AT Pro 37 for my acoustic and resonator guitars.
            www.dreadedblues.com

Comment

Heil PR35 for my lead vocals. I used to use an EV 767a (and before that an SM58). Now the EV gets used either for acoustic guitar or for a little lift for the finger work of one of our percussionists. One of my back-up singers uses my old SM58. The other two use Apex 381's (not very well-known, but it's a terrific, inexpensive little vocal mic). Heil PR22 on accordion and an Apex 115 condenser for clarinet. I have an SM57 for whatever else needs a mic from time to time.

Louis
              https://soundcloud.com/lschwart/sets/best-tracks

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/My...06839039360158

http://www.amazon.com/Milton-Materna...8782889&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Comp...+paradise+lost

Comment

I'm a big fan of small diaphragm condensers for live use..

Really? Why (as opposed to large diaphragm mics)?
                Don Boomer

Comment

EV ND767/A I love these mics!

Comment

rode nt 5

Comment

SM58. Had the same one for 22 years. Bulletproof and sounds good to me. I'm looking at a Sennheiser, though.
                      http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

Sennheiser e835s for my vocals. I gave the SM58 a try, but liked the sound of my voice through the Sennheiser better. I do use a Shure windscreen, though, to make sure I stay an inch or two off the mic. Without the windscreen, I tend to be right up on the grill of the mic which results in too much bass effect.
                        Hamer SB4 Bass Guitar
                        Ampeg B100R Bass Amp

Comment

• BlueStrat
                          BlueStrat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have switched from using the SM58 all my life (bought my first one in 1975) to the Sennheiser e835 and like it a lot. It's funny, though, in some places I play where there's lots of glass and hard surfaces, I've found the 58 to sound better; in rooms where there is more sound deadening the Sennheiser cuts through better.

I use a Sure Beta 87C and LOVE IT. I chose it over the 87A, but that was just my preference.
                        Anthony

-Gibson Songwriter A/E Guitar
                        -Martin DC1E A/E Guitar
                        -Alvarez PF90SC A/E Guitar
                        -Soundcraft EFX8
                        -2 JBL PRX 512M's on stands
                        -TC Helicon VSM300XT Personal Monitor
                        -Radial JDI Passive Direct Box
                        -Whirlwind IMP2 Direct Box
                        -Electro Voice ND767A Mic
                        -Sure Beta 87C Mic
                        -Audio Technica MB4k Condenser
                        -Tascam US144 MKII USB Interface

Comment

I use a SM58. I also have the Sennheiser E-835, but don't care for it as much.

I get up on it pretty close. I used to use a windscreen, but realized that it cost huge amounts of volume and clarity.

I have a Beta 57 as well that I use for my percussionist's kit when he plays with me.

Comment

Used them all, currently diging the line 6 wireless a lot! Best stage I have used period. If you wanna be heard with detail and tone, try one...you will become a believer.

Rod
                            www.tablefor2.net

Comment

Working...
                            X