I need this, right?

pogo97

• Moderators

Yeah, but the first question is: does it work? Many old 'pump' organs have their bellows in a total state of deterioration. If that unit works, for $370 CDN, that's like, what, $12 US? right? ;)

You may not 'need' it, but how could you pass up a completely self-contained keyboard in a portable package? For that price?

• Members
Yeah, but the first question is: does it work? Many old 'pump' organs have their bellows in a total state of deterioration. If that unit works, for $370 CDN, that's like, what, $12 US? right? ;)

You may not 'need' it, but how could you pass up a completely self-contained keyboard in a portable package? For that price?

*Sigh*

He says it works.

So, when the CDN dollar follows oil into the hole, the big bosses in Canada understand and raise everybody's wages to compensate, so I should be buying buying buying!

$370 is real money in my little world, so that's a consideration. More than that, I live in a house with three other people, all of whom have too much stuff. Stuff. I could moan for hours about stuff. My next life, I'll play finger cymbals like Voltan, dancing naked through the sun dappled woods with a train of nymphets in my wake.

Sure would look cool onstage, though. Three octaves, one sound. And your feet go up and down while you play. What could go wrong?

• Members
I think an accordion would be a better investment.

A friend lent me his accordion. I only had to spend about five minutes with it to realise that I don't have enough life left to learn this thing properly. Immediately gave it back. Great instrument, big big learning curve. A bit like pedal steel.

• Members

pump organ.

I bought one once. Looked nice in the front parlor in the Georgetown, D.C. townhouse. Painted decorative pipes . . . Put it in my pickup and when I attempted to reinstall the decorative pipes when I got it home, it became clear that the ceilings in the townhouse were ten feet high. Oops. So the pipes stayed on the floor next to organ. Sold it a year later . . . then moved into a contemporary house a few months later . . . . . with cathedral ceilings.

• Members

I imagine this is a reed organ rather than pipes. (Actually, I'm quite sure since it's 'portable'.)

I was thinking about this and realised that having a tiny reed organ at home is no big deal for me. I have sole access to a very nice Casavant pipe organ at the Catholic church about four blocks from here. It's not as portable, of course, but it's always set up and ready to go if there's nothing else going on in the church. And since I have a key to the church, that includes evenings and night-time.

Archived