Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

If Apple made a piano...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Apple made a piano...

It's not as stupid as it sounds. I never would have thought they would have made a phone.

So if Apple made a digital piano/synth, what would it be like? Good or bad.

One key
    世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard
      View Post

One key

obviously not an apple accolyte

No Keys!
      Hi Mom!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by pogo97
        View Post

obviously not an apple accolyte

No Keys!

Your probably right...
        世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

they already do...have you been locked in solitary confinement for 3 years?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.cresshead.com" target="_blank">http://www.cresshead.com</a><br><br><a href="http://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1" target="_blank">http://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1</a><br><br><br><br>Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3</div>

Comment

If they made an iPiano, millions of hipsters would automatically think they are the best and the smartest musicians anywhere and would claim any other keyboard instrument stole from Apple.

AND IT WOULD SUCK. And we'd be stuck with this **************** on the radio 24/7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uPH6BK6DMI

But since Steve Jobs is dead, it won't happen. All vision and major stealing died along with Steve.
            <b>Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):</b><br><br><blockquote><hr>Footfall wrote:<br><p>What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally &quot;overpacking&quot; this product.</p><br><hr></blockquote><br><font size="1"><i><b>Current Korg Gear:</b> KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2</i></font>

Comment

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

They'd probably sue Steinberg.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell...</font></div>

Comment

Bernard I showed my wife the photo above and asked her "do you know who that is?" and she guessed "Captain Kirk?" The Captain Kirk avatar wins over young Steve!
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
                  <font size="3"><br />
                  <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
                  </i><br />
                  G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

one key, reminds me of one button macbook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BonsoWonderDog
                      View Post

They'd probably sue Steinberg.

HAHAHAHAHHA true
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by McHale
                        View Post

But since Steve Jobs is dead, it won't happen. All vision and major stealing died along with Steve.

Not so fast. My wife works for a cell phone company and she brought home a small tablet, about 4" x 6" a few months ago. Yesterday I heard on TV, that Apple is coming out with an IPad mini.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="5">P E A C E</font></font></b><br />
                        <br />
                        <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1">&quot;A band that is not appearing is disappearing&quot;</font> -- </font><font size="1"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Art Blakey</font></b></font><br />
                        <br />
                        <font size="1">&quot;</font><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1">If you can't play the blues you might as well hang it up&quot;</font></font> -- <font size="1"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Dexter Gordon</font></font></b></font><br />
                        <br />
                        <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="2"><font color="Blue"><a href="http://myspace.com/boomboomdrums" target="_blank">http://myspace.com/boomboomdrums</a></font></font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1"><ul><li>Yamaha Stage Custom Drum Kit (Marina Green)</li>
                        <li>Ziljain, Paiste, Wuhan Cymbals</li>
                        <li>1972 Slingerland wood Snare Drum</li>
                        <li>KORG TR keyboard</li>
                        <li>Cubase LE</li>
                        <li>Tascam US-122 USB Interface</li>
                        <li>George Steck Baby Grand Piano</li>
                        </ul></font></font></div>

Comment

Then there will be an 80's synth revival, but with hipsters.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RetroVintageOld
                            View Post

It's not as stupid as it sounds. I never would have thought they would have made a phone.

So if Apple made a digital piano/synth, what would it be like? Good or bad.

Kidding aside, I wish they actually would make a synth/workstation.

Imagine a 49 key keyboard that folds out in thirds, and the center portion also has a laptop flip-up screen and computer keys built in. Quad core processor, brushed aluminum with white or black accents, touch pad (or touch screen), running OSX and Logic. Basically a MacBook Pro with an integrated tri-fold keybed and good software.

When folded up, the entire thing could fit into a laptop briefcase -- about the thickness of two laptops.

I'd pay 3 grand for that, especially if they gave it a good audio interface, balanced/unbalanced ins, and lots of USB ports, etc. It would be what Open Labs and Music Computing tried to make, but with a sleeker build, more portability, and better dedicated software.

They could even release an optional panel expansion (also laptop sized, and thin) that plugs in via USB with lots of extra knobs, sliders, drum pads, and an XY pad. Something like all three NanoKorg units in one panel, with pre-programmed templates for Logic and other popular VSTs/AUs.
                            Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by boomboomdrums
                              View Post

Not so fast. My wife works for a cell phone company and she brought home a small tablet, about 4" x 6" a few months ago. Yesterday I heard on TV, that Apple is coming out with an IPad mini.

Actually, this was discussed when Steve was still alive. He hated the idea. - http://www.policymic.com/articles/11...ever-wanted-it

So now they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. They will soon run out of even bad ideas and without Steve to "visualize" (steal already existing ideas from other companies), it's is believed that Apple will start to fall. IMHO, it can't come soon enough.

-Mc
                              <b>Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):</b><br><br><blockquote><hr>Footfall wrote:<br><p>What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally &quot;overpacking&quot; this product.</p><br><hr></blockquote><br><font size="1"><i><b>Current Korg Gear:</b> KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2</i></font>

Comment

Working...
                              X