Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW, I'm trying to put together a glossary of terms related to the ipb-10, and "tone" in general. Thought that might be cool from an ipb-10 user perspective.

I threw in a couple of generic music terms as well.

For those so inclined, feel free to PM me anytime re addtions/corrections etc.

iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
      View Post

Let me know what you come up with! For now, I found I tend to use the 18 :1 preset ( Arch Top - Jazz style clean for semi-hollow electric)

That is a great patch.

Comment

• Comments/observations -

1) NAVIGATING THE BANKS - When hitting the DOWN button one can easily see the LED to tell what bank you're on. But going UP, the LED is completel ycovered (in fact I now tend to aim for the LED to hit the up button! Is it just me or do others find this frustrating?? It's an unfortunate design issue not present on RP1000 (or any DT device for that matter) which has the display out of the way. The only saving grace here (other than custom ipb shoes) is that a future update , hopefully the upcomng one, will apparently allow the use of the FS3X extenal footswitch. Really looking forward to that!

2) LEVELING THE VOLUME - Is there (or can there be in future) a way to level the final volume output across all patches?- much like one can do in music management programs like iTunes, MediaMonkey etc?? I know its personal preference, but I would use that feature. At times its annoying when practicing and trying out different bank/positions, where Patch 1 is perfect (and nicely balanced with other inoouts or accompaning backing track) , but Patch 2 is hardly audible and Patch 3 is blaring loud.

All minor items in the scheme of things.

Comment

• Can anybody tell if if the iPB10 can be connected to my amp with 4cm and at the same time be connected direct to my mixer. The idea is to be able to play my electric guitar through my amp/mic/mixer, saving my amp's tone, then easily switch to an acoustic that utilizes the direct hookup to the mixer.

Many Thanks

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by PCM274
            View Post

Can anybody tell if if the iPB10 can be connected to my amp with 4cm and at the same time be connected direct to my mixer. The idea is to be able to play my electric guitar through my amp/mic/mixer, saving my amp's tone, then easily switch to an acoustic that utilizes the direct hookup to the mixer.

Many Thanks

Seems to me it would work. 4cm only uses one of the ipb-10 outputs. There are four outputs ( 2 x 1/4", 2 x XLR) so you'd still have three others available for your mixer.

Comment

• Yes, works. You'll need the XLRs going to the mixer.

(Maybe the groundlift switch may be required when also using the 4CM in parallel.)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                View Post

Yes, works. You'll need the XLRs going to the mixer.

(Maybe the groundlift switch may be required when also using the 4CM in parallel.)

How would you keep the XLRs quite when playing through them amp and visa versa? Something in the pb10 or just cut the channels on the mixer?

Comment

• You can change the Mix for the 1/4" and the XLRs in the Nexus settings (although that's not meant for the purpose you have in mind) however it should work. But cutting the channels on the mixer might be the quicker way.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
                    View Post

That is a great patch.

Ok, got around to making a demo of the Whole Lotta Love patch. You can hear it here:

http://soundcloud.com/pakananda/whole-lotta-love

Comment

View Post

Seems to me it would work. 4cm only uses one of the ipb-10 outputs. There are four outputs ( 2 x 1/4", 2 x XLR) so you'd still have three others available for your mixer.

Ok, so I have to ask whatbusnthendeal with connecting your guitar using the 4cm. I come from the days of when you would just plug your guitar into your effects and then into your amp. I never even use to worry about the order. Second question is I also noticed that in iPB that you can place the amp in different locations. Where do most of you place this and what is the big differences?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
                        View Post

... I come from the days of when you would just plug your guitar into your effects and then into your amp. I never even use to worry about the order. Second question is I also noticed that in iPB that you can place the amp in different locations. Where do most of you place this and what is the big differences?

Outside of the ipb-10, I have this:
                        • Guitar -> iPB input

• iPB out -> Mixer (I also have other devices to the mixer, ie keyboard, mics, looper, backing tracks from computer, etc.)

• iPB aux out -> JamMan looper -> Mixer

• Output of Mixer - > Powered PA

No conventional amp, no 4CM, etc.

On the big deal with 4cm, I thought it was that if you had an exteranl amp, you wanted a 4cm setup, because, (as noted in the glossary), "The 4 cable method allows the distortion/od from the multi effect pedal to before the amp (like a distortion pedal should be), then the delays etc to be in the amp's effects loop".

With the iPB-10 flexibiliy, and no external amp, I guess one can apply 4cm principles within the iPB-10, by placing the modeled amp in different locations.

Comment

• Hi

Looking for some clarity with respect to the tones I see under three tabs (My Tones icon) for Assigned , Factory Tones and My Library. I know this wiil be second nature after a while, but I'm a little foggy at the moment...

1) Does the NEXUS app always sync to the ipb-10 as soon as you connect it? ....or is there a function to essentially "apply my Nexus setup to the ipb-10 now"

2) When you use functions such as Quick Save, Save New, Delete, are you affecting the tone shown under the Assinged Tabs? the Factory Tones Tab? or the My Library tab? or all the above?

3) Under the Assigned Tab. the manual says "touching this tabs displays all assigned tones to the iPB-10 pedal board". Indeed I see all 100 assignments, sorted by Bank/Position. I note I can :

-unassign a tone

-restore factory

-use an empty preset

-change the location of the bank/position

-edit tone titles

-add a new tone etc.

ie it provides full control ; all good. HOWEVER...

4) Under the Factory Tone tab. the manual statess "touching this tab displays all factory tones." I see them all (alphabetically), but they show no pre-assignment (even though there are all assigned on the unit itself) Why is that? Also, is there a way to accidentally delete a factory tone from this tab? I dont see a delete icon, so thats good.

5) under the My Library tab, the manual says "touching this tab dispalys all your custom use tones." Out of the box, this appears to be the same list as the Assigned list, but its sorted alpahatically, So what is the main difference between this tab, and the highly functional Assigned tab?

Tx

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
                            View Post

Watch from 0:30 - 10.

Change "money" to "update"

Enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=w60pjc2pa0w

Made me think of this one.

Change "money" to "update" as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9twT...e_gdata_player

This could be directed at Apple.

Comment

• Those are great questions Mediaman. I was wondering about those same things myself last night. I'm going to do a little experimenting and see what I can find out (unless someone chimes in with the answers in the meantime).

Comment

View Post

Hi

Looking for some clarity with respect to the tones I see under three tabs (My Tones icon) for Assigned , Factory Tones and My Library. I know this wiil be second nature after a while, but I'm a little foggy at the moment...

1) Does the NEXUS app always sync to the ipb-10 as soon as you connect it? ....or is there a function to essentially "apply my Nexus setup to the ipb-10 now"

2) When you use functions such as Quick Save, Save New, Delete, are you affecting the tone shown under the Assinged Tabs? the Factory Tones Tab? or the My Library tab? or all the above?

3) Under the Assigned Tab. the manual says "touching this tabs displays all assigned tones to the iPB-10 pedal board". Indeed I see all 100 assignments, sorted by Bank/Position. I note I can :

-unassign a tone

-restore factory

-use an empty preset

-change the location of the bank/position

-edit tone titles

-add a new tone etc.

ie it provides full control ; all good. HOWEVER...

4) Under the Factory Tone tab. the manual statess "touching this tab displays all factory tones." I see them all (alphabetically), but they show no pre-assignment (even though there are all assigned on the unit itself) Why is that? Also, is there a way to accidentally delete a factory tone from this tab? I dont see a delete icon, so thats good.

5) under the My Library tab, the manual says "touching this tab dispalys all your custom use tones." Out of the box, this appears to be the same list as the Assigned list, but its sorted alpahatically, So what is the main difference between this tab, and the highly functional Assigned tab?

Tx

Here is my take on these three tabs

Assigned: what you want to have easily available in the one of the hundred patches. This good for live situations because you go to them quickly.

Factory: this holds all you factory tones, even when you start unassigning them from the patches, it is a way of keeping them for future reference

My tones: just like factory they are there but not as easily avail in a live setting. As far as the factory being here. I think you can remove them or replace them with your own. No sense having duplicate in factory and my tones.

Anyway that is my take on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X