Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I use the iPB-10 concurrently with other apps on the iPad, the more I want MIDI capability. This is another request along the same vein as previous requests to more tightly integrate the iPB-10 functionality into the iPad ecosystem (and of course MIDI will open up a ton of other possibilities with outboard gear).

Honestly, when I look at the DigiTech web site for the iPB-10 I think that DigiTech hasn't really put any effort into stressing the advantages of being on the iPad platform other than talking about the superior GUI for the pedalboard. The fact that the unit is directly connected on the 30-pin connector means that the audio channels are directly accessible in every iPad app that uses audio - that's huge! It makes using those apps with the iPB-10 a no-brainer - and the fact that the iPB-10 mixer allows separate sources to go out the 1/4" outs versus the XLR outs opens up a world of possibilities. Currently DigiTech marketing gets a big "F" for how they're approaching selling the iPB-10. There's a legion of iPad-owning guitarists out there and they're sitting around waiting for things like the Alesis AmpDock. If DigiTech could get their act together on the programming they could put the AmpDock to shame.

Comment

• Hello, I am an ipb-10 user and have some unusual characteristics to my setup. I have looked through many pages but have not found a situation akin to my own. If there is please direct my attention there and I apologize for the bother.

The rundown: I run a Samson AH1 wireless mic from my tenor/soprano saxophones to a Samson CR77 receiver (-40dBm setting) with a quarter inch output (xlr is available) into my IPB-10. From the IPB-10 I run straight to the venue's board via DI (xlr or quarter, I usually let them decide based on availability). Nearly every gig I run into feedback or hum problems. I've tried running a wired mic as well, but it is much more limiting to stage presence for the band I primarily use it with. I've tried many things but my inability to set up a PA in my house to practice hindering feedback has left me with only using practical and theoretical fixes in-home and tweaking or not using the board at certain (and recently most) venues. Since I do not have a DI from my saxophones/flute are there any recommendations on ways for me to stop/handle/lessen the likelihood of feedback? I feel like there is something rather simple I am missing. Some amps and cabinets are impossible to use without feedback at this point and the only one I trust when the venue is cooperating is the jazz cabinet setup. the board sounds fantastic through headphones and functions really well in home and I am completely happy with it, it's just this feedback issue.. and one instance where I modulated a pedal from pitch to rotary during a gig and without quick saving stomped the same bank to reset the board to pitch quickly (dumb, i know) and it overheated the venue's pa....

I've tried: lowering gain, amp, and slowly raising them to find the feedback point..adjusting levels of pedals accordingly..all pedals off and just using cabinet/amp with volume pedal..recalibrating volume pedal..adjusting specific levels, dry/wet, gain, output etc on specific pedals.. trying to find the feedback pitch and cut it using the EQ..noise gate..talking for hours with my guitar/bass friends for fixes and general pedal knowledge..changing order of pedals,amp,cab in the chain..

any advice and help will be greatly appreciated by both myself and countless sound guys. Thank you in advance for reading and entertaining a guy who is really green to the pedal board experience.

Cheers,

Josh

Comment

• Hi everybody,

I have been following this topic since I decided to buy my ipb-10.

First of all thanks to all of you that helped me in making this choise.

Just let me tell you that I am super happy with the pedalboard but I don't want to go over a review beacuse I have a question:

Since in the ipb 10 is not possible to add two or more overdrive or distortion so you can use one as boost I would like to use, in some patches, the overdrive of my trusty amp.

I see on the rear pannel a jack called "footswitch" and I am trying to use it to change the channel of my amp, but when I plug it the pedalboard asks me to set the expression pedal.

Can someone help me?

There is a way to solve this problem?

And going ahead do you believe that in the next upadate it will be possible to add more than one overdrive?

Thank in advance.

P.S.

Any news about the update?

greeting from Italy

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by claude77
          View Post

.. I see on the rear pannel a jack called "footswitch" and I am trying to use it to change the channel of my amp, but when I plug it the pedalboard asks me to set the expression pedal.

Can someone help me?

There is a way to solve this problem?

See post 305. Footswitch is not yet enabled. It may or may not be in the next update.
          iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
          My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• My apologise,

I have been searching a lot before posting but I didn' find that one.

So We just have to wait for the next update.

Will this update include to add more than one overdrive in the chain??

Good music to everyone

Comment

• Exactly what will be in this next update has not been stated by DigiTech, but we may see the update this week (at least that's what I'm hoping based on the reps previous comments).

Comment

View Post

My apologise,

I have been searching a lot before posting but I didn' find that one.

So We just have to wait for the next update.

Will this update include to add more than one overdrive in the chain??

Good music to everyone

I believe it was strongly hinted by DigiTechRep that there would be multiple similar effects in this upgrade. Won't be long to find out in any case.

Comment

View Post

I see on the rear pannel a jack called "footswitch" and I am trying to use it to change the channel of my amp, but when I plug it the pedalboard asks me to set the expression pedal.

I find it interesting that the iPB-10 is prompting to setup another expression pedal when you plug into the footswitch jack. I had actually requested this feature in a previous post. It hadn't even dawned on me to just go ahead and plug in my other expression pedal to see if it would just work.

Comment

• Beyond Modeling: Synthetic Amp Generation

In answering MediaMan09 in his search for a specific tone in the iPb, I started thinking about what are the basic building blocks of amp modeling and had a wild thought. Wouldn't it be great to be able to create your OWN "synthetic amp" based on a set of configurable parameters which would include all the response curves that go into the mix for normal amp models? I'm sure that's asking for too much from the iPb, and that may even be a feature on the Axe FX, which I know already has a tone matching feature. But it would be very cool if all the amp models on the iPb had one additional control not found on any amp that I'm aware of: Gain sensitivity. This would allow a variable response curve for gain against signal amplitude, i.e. at higher settings, playing with more attack or volume would cause more of a difference in distortion based on volume (more tube-like), and at lower settings the curve would flatten out across the volume spectrum, causing the distortion to be less sensitive to attack/volume (more solid state-like). This is natural in tube amps - and their models - anyway, but to be able to modulate that sensitivity on all of the already existing amp models would be an incredible tool for designing custom sounds.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                      View Post

BTW, just met with engineering and they are just about ready to submit the update to Apple. They said they want the rest of this week for further testing and then it is off!

So what's the scoop? Did they get this submitted?

Comment

• Ok guys, while everybody is waiting for the update I would like to do my review of the IPB 10, hope that this is going to be useful for some of you and not boring at all.

First of all let me tell you my gear: I play a Telecaster (mexico) with pickup custom shop texas special, through my, trusty, Roland BC-60 that is an amazing SS amp with a great clean like fender and a very cool overdrive sound. I am really happy with the sound I can get just from my gear out of the box.

Now, I love effects and I love mixing up with them. I play a lot of cover like Beatles, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Talking heads and ect. and I play my own music that can go from britrock to postrock and so on.

So I play I huge variety of music and I need effects.

I have been through many gear since today, just to name few: Pod XT, Boss GT8, Nova system and Boss M8.

I have had many real pedals like fuzz, overdrive and distortion from boss, TS808, chorus, compressor and delays. My problems have been always the same:

1: With real pedals I got confused and tired with cables, jacks and the difficult to use them or to change my pedalboard making different pedal chain or different settings. I hate when you have to start playing and find yourself checking cables connections and other stuff, when I play I just want think about the music.

2: With digital pedalboards I always feel not happy with distortions that sound not real and without dynamic.

So I always sell my stuff because I am not completely satisfy and in the last 6 months I found myself just playing through my guitar and Roland BC 60.

When I discovered the IPB 10 I was super attracted from the idea to use my ipad and based on some review I bought it.

At the beginning I used the 4CM because I wanted to save the sound of my amp that I love. I was happy with the sound apart for the distortions and overdrives that were not pushing my amp as I wanted and not giving me the desired result.

I tried to go directly into my amp and delete the ampsim from the IPB 10. What happened was just great, I got immediately the sound of my amp and the distortion and overdrive started to push my amp like a real pedal does.

What I can tell you about the IPB 10, from my point of view, is that I never found a piece of gear so great.

The pedals react like the real ones, I have owned many of them and they work the same.

I was playing Hendrix and on Purple haze, the fuzz was blowing off my ear, during the solo just with one click I could pump up the volume and engaged the EQ to push my mid freq. It was great I could play the song like I always wanted to do. During the song Time from Pink Floyd my bandmates where astonished from the sound I was getting out of my fingers. All this guys have been playing with me since the beginning and they have been through all my gear and they said that my sound was amazing.

So, to sum up, I definitely think that this is the best gear I have had in my hands. I love the sound of the distortions, you have so many choices and any pedal is real with its character. Reverbes are great they sound much better that the real one on my amp, delays as well. Any effect is great and the sound is real. I can’t even imagine how many sound I can use for my own music the choices are endless.

Now two things that I don’t like up to now:

1: Ampsim are not good enough to me, they lack of dynamics and I don’t think I will be using them.

2: I don’t like the fact that I can’t put an overdrive in front a distortion pedal

Apart from the issue above I am super happy with this machine and finally I got peace and stop looking for new sound options. First time in my life I am completely happy with the sound I got.

Hope that this is useful to all of you out there. As I told you at the beginnig of my post I have explained my gear so what I said is based on my own gear and ear as well , with this stuff the IPB 10 works great!!!!

Thank to everybody for this thread that helped me and let’s wait for the update.

Greeting from Italy

Comment

• Digitech, probably for trademark reasons, has changed the names of many of the amps/effects. Is there anywhere a list of all the amp names in the iPb-10 and the real amps that they represent? Same w/effects. Also, would be nice to have a way of renaming these for "personal use". Guess I'll add that to my ever growing list of feature requests.

Comment

• If you go on the pdf manual that you can download http://www.digitech.com/system/docum...df?1317155015f

all the effect and amp are explained. For example the pro-co rat is called Rodent but on the description is explained that is based on the pro-co rat.

Hope that this is helpfull

Comment

View Post

Now two things that I don’t like up to now:

1: Ampsim are not good enough to me, they lack of dynamics and I don’t think I will be using them.

2: I don’t like the fact that I can’t put an overdrive in front a distortion pedal

IMO, for the amp sims to sound "real" you have to have the right supporting rig (power amp and speaker cabinet). In my testing I was amazed at how much effect the power amp choice had on the overall tone. I now realize that back when I used to play Line 6 gear I didn't really give the stuff a fair shot because I thought a power amp is just another power amp. Since moving on to the GSP1101 and the iPB-10 my understanding has improved regarding just how complex the relationship is between a modeler and the power amp and speaker cabinet.

So Claude77, I don't think you can make a blanket statement that the amp sims lack dynamics for everyone. They only lack dynamics in your rig. If you have the money and the patience (and of course the desire) you should experiment with some other components and bring the iPB-10 amp sims to life.

Comment

• Thank for the advice I appreciate. I never said that the ampsim lack of dynamic in general. As you can read, I said that they lack based on the rig that I use. In my opnion using the ampsim in front of an amp is not gonna work, at least with my amp.

Anyway thanks for the advice, I will try that because it would open another world of sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X