No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by gregg29576
    View Post

I am about to order my IPB-10 and have a question. Is there any forum or site where users can/do exchange pedal settings for different specific tones? I currently have the Boss GT-10 and can download patches that other users have created. I know or understand that capability is not in the IPB-10, but even if there place to trade pedal settings would be nice.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Okay...I pulled out the plastic and ordered my IPB-10 today! Should be here in a couple of days. Hope you guys don't mind if I bend your ears getting through the learning curve. Thanks in advance...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
      View Post

And the fact the iPB is featuring 2x second generation DSP DNA2 chips. (The GNX4 was powered with 1x DNA1 DSP, the recent RP-product line features 1x DNA2. And those also have to take care of the user interface.)

Although the iPad A5 CPU is quite powerful it will not reach the specialized DSP-performance.

incorrect. There are 3 dedicated dsp adna1 processor Ic's in the GNX4. That was a very powerful unit.

More recent products have 1 adnaII processor. newer RP's

GSP1101 and IPB-10 have- 2 adnaII processors.

Comment

• I've got to say I'm looking forward to the day the update hits. Of course for the obvious reason that everyone here is expecting that all of their "must-have" features have been magically included in the release. But to be honest part of me is looking forward to reading all the drama that unfolds here where on one hand some people are really stoked about the specific things they wanted or weren't expecting to the other end of the spectrum where several people may immediately sell their unit in disgust and curse the DigiTech brand with conviction. I'm hoping it's more of the happy posts because that means more cool features made it, but I bet it will be interesting either way.

Oh, and for anyone on the fence about buying an IPB-10... I say less thinking and more buying. If you can at all afford it go for it and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by moreofU
          View Post

Although not official from Apple, reliable reports are that the coming iOS product line (iPhone 5, iPad Mini, and refreshed new iPad) will include a new dock port that is much smaller than the current 30-pin port. My questions are as follows:

1 - What will Digitech do about the dock port on the iPB to provide compatibility with the new iPad once it refreshed in the fall to the new dock port as reports are indicating? Certainly Digitech will want to keep current and future iPB users by offering some sort of solution other than "you'll just have to use an older iPad". My guess is that an adapter wouldn't work because of the tight fit of the iPad into the iPB wouldn't allow the extra adapter. Looks like a send-it-back-to-Digitech-for-a-cable-upgrade kind of thing to me.

If this actually happens, we will just have a new cable attachment available. As I mentioned multiple times earlier in this thread, this is why we went with a cable attachment rather than something integral. To make the unit compatible with future connectors. The cable is attached to an easily removable/replacable header plug. It can be replaced either in the field or here at the factory.

2 - If Apple does in fact release an iPad mini (7 inch version of the iPad), will Digitech offer support for it by way of a new tray for the iPB and Nexus app compatibility? I would think that this is a market you would want to support, as a lot of people can't afford a $500 iPad, would be inclined to save some pennies for a $250 version of iPad. (new dock port would also be a consideration for this item, as it's likely to include the new port)

I don't see why not, making a new tray or adapter would be trivial.

Comment

• BTW, just met with engineering and they are just about ready to submit the update to Apple. They said they want the rest of this week for further testing and then it is off!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
              View Post

BTW, just met with engineering and they are just about ready to submit the update to Apple. They said they want the rest of this week for further testing and then it is off!

All I can do is smile.
              ------
              http://www.bon-jersey.com
              http://www.richardantonelli.com
              http://amaudioprofiles.bandzoogle.com

Comment

• Which of the 100 ipb-10 presets sound might come close to this tone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NqZJ7Ls7uM

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUlMzxJvh4
                iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Does the ipb-10 have a looper?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by juri
                    View Post

Does the ipb-10 have a looper?

Currently it does not. But I think it may be in the upcoming update . Somewhere in this thread it is mentioned.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by jerryratpack
                      View Post

Currently it does not. But I think it may be in the upcoming update . Somewhere in this thread it is mentioned.

Is there a list of features they will be adding?

Comment

• I am extremely interested in being able to send midi tempo information to ipb10. This could probably be done via USB. However I am a big fan of my touch osc app, and I noticed it has a feature to send and receive midi, called core midi. It would probably be a snap to integrate something like that into the nexus app, as most of the work has already been done by apple.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                          View Post

Which of the ipb-10 presets sound might come close to this tone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NqZJ7Ls7uM

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUlMzxJvh4

Not sure if there's a stock patch that precisely matches, but i would start with the Stevie Ray patch (bank 9, patch 2) , leave the effects fairly dry, swap out the 8 on 8 for a little more grit (redline or maybe classic fuzz?), dial back the amp gain just a bit, and maybe even switch to the citrus or one of the rectifiers. I'm gonna work on it later and see what I come up with. It's a sweet and classic tone - Reelin in the Years comes to mind, as does Carnival (Natalie Merchant).

Edit: Ok, I like this tone a lot (esp on WSOP), so I tried to reproduce it using the iPb. So far, I have a really nice match starting with the SRV patch already mentioned. I swapped out the amp to the Super Group and cab to Deluxe 1 x 12. No extra dirt effect is necessary, since this amp has a nice gritty gain, which sounds really nice between 5 and 9. It may not have quite the dynamics between soft/loud as in the Locke piece, since the Super Group sim seems to break up a little more at low levels esp in the lower register, but that may be correctable by lowering the volume on your guitar a bit. If you play around with the amp gain/guitar volume, you might find the right combo for this very expressive tone. Let me know if you find it.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by juri
                            View Post

Is there a list of features they will be adding?

I wish but they still make a secret of the updates' contents...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                              View Post

I wish but they still make a secret of the updates' contents...

DigiTechRep has confirmed that unfotunately, the anti-gravity module will not be in this update, nor will the "press for platinum record" button.
                              CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Farm0
                                View Post

I am extremely interested in being able to send midi tempo information to ipb10. This could probably be done via USB. However I am a big fan of my touch osc app, and I noticed it has a feature to send and receive midi, called core midi. It would probably be a snap to integrate something like that into the nexus app, as most of the work has already been done by apple.

I don't believe this is possible within Nexus since the actual tone processing/computing is done within the iPB-10, not in Nexus. Nexus is just a front-end editor for the iPB-10 hardware.

Comment

Working...
                                X