Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

31870887

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've subsribed to the DT RSS-Feed and I think I've read 10x about "New feature for iStomp available" in the last 6 weeks or so. This is what I'd call supportive updates...

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
      View Post

      I've subsribed to the DT RSS-Feed and I think I've read 10x about "New feature for iStomp available" in the last 6 weeks or so. This is what I'd call supportive updates...




      There are 84 pedals in the iPB-10, and 32 pedals for the iStomp. We've been adding new pedals to the StompShop at the rate of 2 a month, so at that rate the iStomp will catch up to what the iPB-10 already has in ~2 years. You are going to be seeing these push notifications for the iStomp a lot.

      Comment








      • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
        View Post

        With the ipad 2 connected directly to the ipb-10, ie in the cradle, does the visual confirmation of charging (ie lighning bolt) show up on the ipad screen?.... to confirm its really charging?










        Quote Originally Posted by MNStratGuy
        View Post

        In my experience, yes... with the catch that, if you have the Nexus app running, it doesn't display the iPad's status bar at the top of the screen. If you aren't in the Nexus app, it shows it as charging - as long as the iPB-10 is powered on.




        I connected the iPad, and indeed see the lighting bolt icon.



        I also tried, connectiing the iPad via the infamous extender cable (cablejive dockXtender), and to my pleasant surprise, it responded the same way, ie lightning bolt icon



        My question is, does this mean it will really charge, or is this a "false positive", ie it's says it's charging but really isn't. .
        iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
        My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
          View Post

          I connected the iPad, and indeed see the lighting bolt icon.



          I also tried, connectiing the iPad via the infamous extender cable (cablejive dockXtender), and to my pleasant surprise, it responded the same way, ie lightning bolt icon



          My question is, does this mean it will really charge, or is this a "false positive", ie it's says it's charging but really isn't. .




          If you get the lightning bolt, you are charging.



          My extender cable (same one as you) works fine with my iPB-10. I have had random protocol errors when plugging in, but overall it works fine for me.

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
            View Post

            There are 84 pedals in the iPB-10, and 32 pedals for the iStomp. We've been adding new pedals to the StompShop at the rate of 2 a month, so at that rate the iStomp will catch up to what the iPB-10 already has in ~2 years. You are going to be seeing these push notifications for the iStomp a lot.






            Marketing 101 (this is what I do).



            Explaining is not marketing. Appologizing is not marketing.

            The bottom line here (and from a business POV, the right move), is to heavily market the iStomp over the iPB-10. The revenue potential of the iStomp is limitless. DT's rationale is that they make NO MONEY by "investing" in an iPB-10 update, but they make tons of money with an iStomp "update" (new pedals). This is, of course, myopic but unlikely to change anytime soon.

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
              View Post

              DT's rationale is that they make NO MONEY by "investing" in an iPB-10 update, but they make tons of money with an iStomp "update" (new pedals). This is, of course, myopic but unlikely to change anytime soon.




              Nevermind product up-sell/down-sell? Nevermind ROI on the iPB-10 R&D? Nevermind that most companies build post-release maintenance costs into the cost of the product? Nevermind that the mobile market is VERY hot right now and the more feet in the door and apps in the store means more exposure, which means more word of mouth, which means... well, you know.



              You sound a bit draconian for a marketing guy. :-/

              Comment


              • Hi ! I'm french, and really sorry if i say something wrong



                But i follow this thread for a long time, waiting like you for the next big update wich is not coming soon, but i think i can help just a little.



                I recently bought the new ipad, so i have both ipad 1 and 3 at home.

                With a cable extender (actually 2 extender together for longer cable), when i plug my ipad 1, it charges normally, and when i plug my ipad 3, it appears to charge for 2 seconds and stop.... I think it's no more use for some ipad1 users to say that charges is possible with extenders.

                I hope i help you, sorry for the bad translation...

                And to digitech, i hope you've been working on a virtual loop station fully integrated on the pedalboard. If not, i may be dissapointed...a looooooot !

                Comment


                • ^^^^^^^^^^^^ The iPad 3 is more sensitive to using a cable extender for receiving power. The other iPad models seem to be working just fine with the iPB-10 and the CableJive extension cable. I have found that CableJive may have a solution for the the power problem - it's called the dockStubz and it works by adding in a connector into the chain that allows you to inject additional power into the line. I may end up trying it.

                  Comment








                  • Quote Originally Posted by Reposed Roller
                    View Post

                    If you get the lightning bolt, you are charging.



                    My extender cable (same one as you) works fine with my iPB-10. I have had random protocol errors when plugging in, but overall it works fine for me.




                    I use an iPad 2 and have been testing cables voluntarily for CabelJive over the last several months. I had the same experience; I thought I was charging while playing, then got a low-battery warning.



                    The upshot is, unless the iPad 2 battery charge is above 65% or so, it is very difficult to maintain charging through the DockXtender 6' cable while running iNexus to operate the iPB-10 pedal. The lightning bolt icon is deceiving, in that the iNexus s/w will launch immediately after you saw the icon, but will go out if the battery charge is too low. Swap out of the iNexus app to see if the lightning bolt is still there. With a low charge <65%, it will not be there anymore.



                    Solution: put the iPad in the iPB-10 cradle until the charge gets up to the required level. Or, keep your iPad battery charged above 65% so as to avoid draining the battery when connected to the iPB-10 with a cable extender.



                    I have two cables now, and will post results with the 12' DockXtender solution once I have them.

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by CanJam
                      View Post

                      The upshot is, unless the iPad 2 battery charge is above 65% or so, it is very difficult to maintain charging through the DockXtender 6' cable while running iNexus to operate the iPB-10 pedal. .




                      Hmmm, most interesting.



                      So are you saying that if you start with a full charge, ie 100%, it WILL maintain charging while in use, such that say after two hours of Nexus use via the exetender cable, it will have been charging, and thus will be back at 100%??
                      iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                      My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
                        View Post

                        Marketing 101 (this is what I do).



                        Explaining is not marketing. Appologizing is not marketing.

                        The bottom line here (and from a business POV, the right move), is to heavily market the iStomp over the iPB-10.




                        Actually, the right move from a business standpoint is to market both. It's a very different customer base, and DT has traditionally appealed to both in the past.








                        The revenue potential of the iStomp is limitless. DT's rationale is that they make NO MONEY by "investing" in an iPB-10 update, but they make tons of money with an iStomp "update" (new pedals). This is, of course, myopic but unlikely to change anytime soon.



                        Of course companies make money doing updates to units. Updates lengthen a product's life, thus extending the window during which a company can make money off of it - for a much lower investment than creating a new product. Look no further than Yamaha's Motif line of keyboards to see how smaller updates can keep a product going before an "all new" version comes out.
                        CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

                        Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                          View Post

                          Hmmm, most interesting.



                          So are you saying that if you start with a full charge, ie 100%, it WILL maintain charging while in use, such that say after two hours of Nexus use via the exetender cable, it will have been charging, and thus will be back at 100%??




                          Yes. I did all my trials with a series of different initial iPad2 battery charge levels, then tested the "in-cradle", the 2' DockXtender, and two production variants of the 6' DockXtender. Never an issue with "in-cradle", some issues below 25% charge with the 2' cable, and very consistent performance issues with the 6' cables; i.e., simultaneous control of the pedal with the iNEXUS s/w AND charging the battery could not be reliably established below an initial 65% battery charge level.

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                            View Post

                            So are you saying that if you start with a full charge, ie 100%, it WILL maintain charging while in use, such that say after two hours of Nexus use via the exetender cable, it will have been charging, and thus will be back at 100%??










                            Quote Originally Posted by CanJam
                            View Post

                            Yes.....




                            Yay. That's great news. Thanks for the confirmation.
                            iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                            My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                              View Post

                              ....companies make money doing updates to units. Updates lengthen a product's life, thus extending the window during which a company can make money off of it - for a much lower investment than creating a new product. ...




                              Sure hope you are right. So far the jury is still out given this long slient stretch of no updates. This is defintely my third and final Digitech purchase. I took a leap of faith, and fell. At this late stage, DT really needs to walk the talk.
                              iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                              My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                                View Post

                                Sure hope you are right. So far the jury is still out given this long slient stretch of no updates.




                                Well, it's been what, four months since the last update? That's not great, but it's not horrible...seems to me it's about average.



                                But remember that delays can happen for a variety of reasons. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes with DT, but I remember when Cubase's audio engine was falling behind. People were coming to my pre-HC forum and making some pretty nasty comments about Cubase. Sadly, the reason was that Mark Badger, one of the main engineers involved in the audio engine coding, died unexpectedly at a young age from a congenital heart disease. He was a super nice guy who left behind a family, and when I read those comments (of course, the people posting them didn't realize the situation), I couldn't help but think sometimes there are bigger issues than whether a piece of software gets a new feature or not. My takeaway from all that was not to be too hasty to judge.



                                Of course Yamaha ended up acquiring Steinberg, and applied their engineering expertise to bringing Cubase's audio engine back up to spec, so of course the engine was eventually updated and Cubase is back to being a major player. But they would have been farther along, and the world would be a better place, if Mark was still with us.



                                We'll see what happens with the update. Meanwhile, the unit hasn't lost any features since it showed up here, and I'm still getting some pretty cool sounds out of it. That's enough to hold me over.
                                CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

                                Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X