Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

31870887

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi all,

    I'm thinking of placing the Ipad on a mic stand so it'll be more convenient to change things on the spot during live performance. The problem is that I can't find a dock extender cable which is long enough (10ft) for my purpose. If someone knows where can I find such a cable, I'll be glad to hear.



    Thanks

    Comment


    • Can you use an iKlip mic stand mount while programming the iPB10?

      Comment


      • Actually I haven't tried it yet. Do you think it's not possible?

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by hashachar
          View Post

          Actually I haven't tried it yet. Do you think it's not possible?




          This was addressed in some of the earlier posts

          Check post #97
          http://raveon.cjb.net
          http://facebook.com/raveonsydney

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by hashachar
            View Post

            Hi all,

            I'm thinking of placing the Ipad on a mic stand so it'll be more convenient to change things on the spot during live performance. The problem is that I can't find a dock extender cable which is long enough (10ft) for my purpose. If someone knows where can I find such a cable, I'll be glad to hear.



            Thanks




            I use this http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dock...ref=pd_sim_e_6 and it works fine.



            Don't know if they have a 10ft version.

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by Reposed Roller
              View Post

              On the iPhone/iPad/iPod, go into "Settings" -> "General" -> "About" -> "Diagnostics & Usage".



              Then, choose to "Automatically Send" the logs.



              When you sync with iTunes, the crash logs will be sent to Apple who will then distribute them to the appropriate developer (DigiTech in this case). The developer can then pull these into their development environment and look through them.



              I believe that the default on iOS devices is to send the data automatically, much to the happiness of us developers. Crash data is critical when trying to debug apps because sometimes you just can't reproduce the issue locally. Making sure that this is enabled and that you sync with iTunes every now and then is a surefire way to get those bugs resolved, assuming the developer is on top of things.



              If you don't want to sync music/apps/etc... with iTunes, it is still a relatively good idea to sync every now and then just so you have a full and complete backup of your entire device. Unless an app is iCloud "aware", your data for that app will be lost should the app be removed or (possibly) updated. You can choose not to sync music/apps/tones/movies/etc.. and only have it backup and optionally send crash/usage data to Apple.




              Great info. Thank you very much. Will do as soon as possible.

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by hashachar
                View Post

                Hi all,

                I'm thinking of placing the Ipad on a mic stand so it'll be more convenient to change things on the spot during live performance. The problem is that I can't find a dock extender cable which is long enough (10ft) for my purpose. If someone knows where can I find such a cable, I'll be glad to hear.



                Thanks




                Why not just use two of the 6ft extenders to make a 12 ft extension??
                iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                Comment








                • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                  View Post

                  Why not just use two of the 6ft extenders to make a 12 ft extension??




                  Simple chop & solder job with some neat heat-shring tubing to go along will get you there with ease. Charging will be iffy though. Even with the 6ft cable charging is a little hit & miss. I think the current loss on the longer cable will probably affect the charging but as long as you bring a charged iPad to your gig I suppose you should be ok.

                  Comment


                  • Bought my ipb-10 back in February. Lots of excitement and optimism here on the thread, and some renewed loyalty and faith, especailly with DigiTechRep listening in.



                    But we are headed into July, and still no firmware or appiicaton updates, despite a mountain of suggestions.



                    I'm a tiny bit dissapointed, and a little surprised. I certainly dont want to get to a stage where I feel abandoned by Digitech.



                    Is there a timeline when ANY updates, software or firmware, might be expected?? It would be helpful if expectations were managed here.
                    iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                      View Post

                      Bought my ipb-10 back in February. Lots of excitement and optimism here on the thread, and some renewed loyalty and faith, especailly with DigiTechRep listening in.



                      But we are headed into July, and still no firmware or appiicaton updates, despite a mountain of suggestions.



                      I'm a tiny bit dissapointed, and a little surprised. I certainly dont want to get to a stage where I feel abandoned by Digitech.



                      Is there a timeline when ANY updates, software or firmware, might be expected?? It would be helpful if expectations were managed here.




                      We are stuck in a particularly nasty bug fest for one of the major features that we wanted to be in this update. We may just release what we have and skip this one thing. BTW the entire "mountain of suggestions" gleaned from this thread will not make it into this release, we have a list of the requests and have prioritized them. The one's that we feel are important are what we have been working on. We'll work our way down the list as time goes by.



                      We missed our internal deadline, so we are shooting for new one. I can't tell you when that will be, other than it is soon.



                      Thanks for your patience.

                      Comment


                      • Thanks for the reply. Wss not expecting the mountain of suggestion to be implemented..just some pebbles

                        More frequent updates, even for minor items, builds confidence, garners appreciation, and earns loyalty.
                        iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                        My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                          View Post

                          Why not just use two of the 6ft extenders to make a 12 ft extension??




                          Apple chargers have a preset, expected resistance internally which is required by iOS devices in order to charge. As a result, iPads, iPhones, and iPods are pretty picky about their cables. Too much cable may increase the resistance to the point where it doesn't quite work and your iPad refuses to use the cable.



                          If you want to try it, you can just buy 2 and chain the together end-to-end (no soldering required). If it doesn't work, the above issue is probably why.

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                            View Post

                            Thanks for the reply. Wss not expecting the mountain of suggestion to be implemented..just some pebbles

                            More frequent updates, even for minor items, builds confidence, garners appreciation, and earns loyalty.




                            I fully expected to return from vacation to a completed and released update. I'm still pretty bummed that didn't happen, I was looking forward to being the conquering hero.

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by Reposed Roller
                              View Post

                              Apple chargers have a preset, expected resistance internally which is required by iOS devices in order to charge. As a result, iPads, iPhones, and iPods are pretty picky about their cables. Too much cable may increase the resistance to the point where it doesn't quite work and you iPad refuses to use the cable.



                              If you want to try it, you can just buy 2 and chain the together end-to-end (no soldering required). If it doesn't work, the above issue is probably why.




                              Yep, we have had nothing but trouble with all of the extenders we have tested. This is why we don't recommend using them.

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                                View Post

                                I fully expected to return from vacation to a completed and released update. I'm still pretty bummed that didn't happen, I was looking forward to being the conquering hero.




                                Don't feel too bad. I've been in this industry a lot longer than you The day that a software company makes its internal deadlines, that will be good news - except for it being a sign of the end times.



                                I have to plan review deadlines and such around software updates. If a company assures me a product will be ready for review in, say, September, I schedule us to start work on the review in November. Hasn't failed yet. Well, except for when I should have waited for December. Or February.
                                CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

                                Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X