Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

31870887

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
    View Post

    Question about the USB port.



    1) The ipb-10 is often compared to the RP-1000. On the RP-1000, one can configure the unit via the h/w device itself, or, via the USB port by running Xedit software. Does the Xedit software recognize the ipb-10 at all?




    Not at this time.








    2) Down the road, given the ipb-10 indeed does have a USB port, does this mean that at some point, the possibility might exist, to control the ipb-10 via Xedit-like software?? This would be an awesome capability to offer, for use when the ipad in not available.



    That possibility does exist but I cannot discuss time frames or the extent of implementation.

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by mck
      View Post

      Its all about revenues sadly... If your app has a $.99 price tag and/or suitable in-app-purchases along with some angry creatures being flung around which end up contributing to Apple's very healthy P&L statement then you get approved in 1 to 2 days... If you have a free app especially with a small potential user base and no ad revenues guess where you end up in the priority queue... Its sad but thats the way of life.






      Point taken,,, but lets hope, that in focussing on the P&L, they recognize some free apps are different than others! This particular "free app" is one for a h/w prduuct that specfically promotes and integrates with the ipad -- and it not just any company - it's Harmon,- some June 2011 numbers:



      Employees: 10,103

      Sales: $3,772.3M

      One year growth: 12.1%

      Net income: $135.9M

      Income growth: (14.4%)
      iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
      My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

      Comment


      • Okay, we were just notified the the iPB-Nexus update has gone live on the Apple App store.



        iPad1 crash has been fixed

        iPad1 performance has been increased

        iPad2 performance has been increased

        Amp Order bug fixed

        Various other small glitches and performance issues resolved.



        Thanks for everyone's input and patience! Next update will be features, YAY!

        Comment


        • Here, let me fix this for you...









          Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
          View Post

          Okay, we were just notified the the iPB-Nexus update has gone live on the Apple App store.



          iPad1 crash has been fixed

          iPad1 performance has been increased

          iPad2 performance has been increased

          Amp Order bug fixed

          Various other small glitches and performance issues resolved.



          Thanks for everyone's input and patience! Next update will be features, YAY!!




          Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

          Subscribe, like, and share the links!

          Comment


          • Heh-heh! Awesome!

            Comment


            • This is wonderful!!! Thanks DigiTech for listening and fixing issues and thanks DigiTechRep for being there for us. Keep on Rep'ping!!! Very happy now.

              Comment


              • Great news! We really appreciate this attention to customer service and can't wait for the upcoming features. Thanks!

                Comment


                • I too applaud Digtech support and responsiveness. This is great!



                  1) Minor bug ( unless its just me) .. on the new help features (iPB icon), whevever it goes out to safari re LearnMore/Description, or Video/More video, the display is upside down... regardless of the position of the iPad slide switch.



                  2) Can a future update also allow the Nexus app to rotate ( eg when undocked) ?
                  iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                  My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                  Comment








                  • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                    View Post



                    1) Minor bug ( unless its just me) .. on the new help features (iPB icon), whevever it goes out to safari re LearnMore/Description, or Video/More video, the display is upside down... regardless of the position of the iPad slide switch.




                    We can't repro this one. Anyone else seeing this?








                    2) Can a future update also allow the Nexus app to rotate ( eg when undocked) ?



                    This one is a bit problematic, we designed the entire app around the landscape view, can't hurt to ask though.

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                      View Post

                      We can't repro this one. Anyone else seeing this?




                      I will try to record the specific sequence.









                      Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                      View Post

                      This one is a bit problematic, we designed the entire app around the landscape view, can't hurt to ask though.




                      Yes, it needs to be in landscape view....I was referring to the ability to auto-rotate the display, in landscape, when holding the ipad with dock connector on the left.
                      iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                      My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                      Comment


                      • Just managed to update the app. Didn't have much time with it yet but from what I can tell the IPB-10 firmware is not updated this time around. Perhaps with the next update which promises some new features. I think the earlier iPad1 crash issue is gone for good. Hooray! I am not sure if I see any performance increase though. Switching between patches / presets seems to take even a little longer. Again this is the visual update on the iPad. The actual sonic change from preset to preset is almost instant (as documented earlier on the thread). I am guessing the devs put more cleanup code in the app while changing from preset to preset which might account for the added time it takes to update the iPad screen. Oh well, can't win all the time. I'll take no crash over slightly slower screen update after a preset change any day! Thanks DigiTech.

                        Comment


                        • The screen update has remained the same for iPad1's, we can't get that to go any faster. Where you will see performance increases is in moving pedals around, bank selecting, and scrolling through options.

                          Comment


                          • Got it. Just back home so I will finally get to play with it. Earlier on I only had time to update and check out the crash. Glad to hear performance increase is there in the overall UI interaction. Thats where we spend most time isn't it... Life is good!









                            Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                            View Post

                            The screen update has remained the same for iPad1's, we can't get that to go any faster. Where you will see performance increases is in moving pedals around, bank selecting, and scrolling through options.




                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                              View Post

                              The screen update has remained the same for iPad1's, we can't get that to go any faster.




                              Of course you can! Go into the iPad 1, take out the old processor, put in a new, faster processor, and rewrite the display code from the ground up. Shouldn't take you more than 10-15 minutes.
                              Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                              Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                                View Post








                                2) Down the road, given the ipb-10 indeed does have a USB port, does this mean that at some point, the possibility might exist, to control the ipb-10 via Xedit-like software?? This would be an awesome capability to offer, for use when the ipad in not available.



                                That possibility does exist but I cannot discuss time frames or the extent of implementation.




                                Love to see a traditional UI tray insert as well! If the unit received MIDI via USB, some one with some dev skills could probably write a third party editor...
                                Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X