Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

31870887

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by mck
    View Post

    Guess what. All presets slots being empty, I can flips through all 100 without a crash! I am willing to bet with a smaller number of presets being assigned on the IPB-10 the issue will disappear for now. Until DigiTech comes up with the fix to the issue I am willing to live with a < 100 preset setup. 10 good solid presets is all I need so I am happy! Will look forward to the fix nevertheless...




    Good data! I've passed this on to the engineers. Thanks mck!

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
      View Post

      Good data! I've passed this on to the engineers. Thanks mck!




      My pleasure... Please let them know I'm always happy to 'stress test' their new stuff... I love breaking things. :-) All the best

      Comment


      • DigitechRep/Craig,



        Thanks for the extremely thorough review and responses to questions and concerns about the iPB-10. I recently sold my GNX4 and have been regretting it ever since. While I replaced it with individual pedals, some have proven to be indispensable and some, well, not. I learned that the stomp loop will help me use the best of both possible setups.



        I remember when I was having issues with my GNX4 years ago, I got right on the phone and was connected with a tech who helped me through my specific issue step-by-step. Glad to know the same great service is still around.



        Your hints about the addition of tap tempo and a looping function just about seal the deal for me to pick one up, but I think I'll wait until the NAMM announcement to finalize it.



        Great job!

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
          View Post

          I’m not quite sure I understand the question...are you saying you want to use only the iPB-10's cab emulation functions If so, why not just go through the Stomp loop instead?



          Hope this helps, welcome to the thread!




          Thanks for the responses Anderton!



          How would I use the stomp loop for and external preamp??



          I have my RP1000 intergraded in the effects loop of my amp via the 4CM. When I am using my amps tone (external preamp), the RP wont allow me to use an internal cab model. I think it would be cool to use my external preamp and then be able to switch cab models. Does the IPB allow this? If not would an app update or firmware upgrade be able to 'unlock' this type of feature???



          Same goes for the tuner and delay trails, would an update be able to 'unlock' this sort of thing?



          Thanks again! I love this thread.
          Good deals with: chrometoyz

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by dgervasi
            View Post

            I recently sold my GNX4 and have been regretting it ever since.




            Not to hijack the thread, but the GNX4 was brilliant. I'd sworn off writing third-party books at that point, but made an exception for it.
            N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

            Subscribe, like, and share the links!

            Comment


            • I recently purchased one of these. I play electric cello and electric guitar and bass guitar, and it works very well for all of these.



              I found the iPad to be quite well protected inside the unit, and I have no problem leaving the iPad in the unit during performance. It makes quick edits of patches during a show much faster than on my GNX3000.



              There are a few things that would make this a more perfect replacement for my GNX3000, and more perfect for my (admittedly specialized) needs. I mention them on the off chance that someone from Digitech sees this, as I see little sign there is anyone watching on the Community forum.



              * A few bass amp models (besides a Fender Bassman, which is usually optimized more for guitar in these units). Though a straight "tube preamp" patch might be good enough for this too.



              Plus, a Fender Twin model configured properly, and set up with the 2x15 cab, isn't so bad for this.



              * Ability to control wet/dry mix in the effects loop (make it parallel instead of serial)



              * Ability to use amp loop as a second effects loop (can't currently be done, _unless_ you are okay with losing amp sim). Not necessary to have wet/dry mix on both of them, but it would be cool if it were possible.



              Whether these are even possible depends to some degree on the amount of memory in the device, and whether the mixing of the effects loops is done in software or is some dedicated hardware feature on the chipset.



              One more wish:



              * I find myself looking for a pedal that does nothing but a clean boost, without any EQ or compression functions involved. I like to use it in certain patches; sometimes it works well at the beginning of a chain, to boost the input level to effects and amp sim, sometimes I would prefer to have it at the end of the chain, to boost the entire amp-simulated signal. Sometimes both might be useful in the same chain.







              I jumped on the iPB-10 because of the ease of editing, and the desire to get something a little newer in terms of repair and support; my GNX3000 rig sounds great, but repairs get harder and harder over time, and there are dry spells during which I can't find one at an economical price on eBay. However, some of my wishlist might make more sense on a new "guitar workstation" product, and if Digitech came out with such an an updated product, I'd definitely jump on the opportunity to own one, iPad editing interface or no. If it used a similar iPad editing interface so much the better. If it had two parallel, mix-controllable effects loops, I'd be in heaven.



              I found the iPB-10 to work very well through a tube power amp + speaker cab, and a feed to the mixing board, simultaneously. I found the feed to the mixing board to be more natural than that from my GNX3000, which wasn't at all bad to begin with. I found patch switching to be much faster than my 1st gen iPad is capable of showing on-screen, it's deceptive.

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by conjurerofriffs
                View Post

                Thanks for the responses Anderton!



                How would I use the stomp loop for and external preamp??



                I have my RP1000 intergraded in the effects loop of my amp via the 4CM. When I am using my amps tone (external preamp), the RP wont allow me to use an internal cab model. I think it would be cool to use my external preamp and then be able to switch cab models. Does the IPB allow this? If not would an app update or firmware upgrade be able to 'unlock' this type of feature???



                Same goes for the tuner and delay trails, would an update be able to 'unlock' this sort of thing?



                Thanks again! I love this thread.




                With the RP1000, you can do this by putting your amp in the effects loop rather than amp loop and setting the amp model to Direct, and the cab to whatever cab model you desire. A loops a loop, set it up the same way as you would the amp loop. Only difference is you won't be able to toggle between your amp and an internal amp model.
                Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

                Comment


                • I just received my iPb-10 yesterday and I am seriously considering sending it back. I am very concerned about the app crashing repeatedly on iPad 1. I am more concerned that there hasn't been an app update since October? I am sure I could get by with a buggy app, if I could know that an update would be just around the corner, but I am not sure I want to have to "get by" with a seriously flawed device for months at a time, especially one that cost $500. Maybe my expectation for a problem with the app to be fixed in a matter of days or maybe a week or two- as opposed to 3 months, is too high, but if that is the case, I do not see this as a professional level device, just a toy, in which case I am not interested.



                  On another note, one of the pedals that I was really looking forward to trying out on this unit ( the Fulltone OCD overdrive pedal) appears to be missing from the app, despite the fact that it is being advertised on the Digitech website. Anyone know whats going on there? I tend to think there might be more missing options that are advertised, but this is the only one that I have yet noticed.

                  Comment








                  • Quote Originally Posted by JDBaldwin51
                    View Post

                    I am very concerned about the app crashing repeatedly on iPad 1. I am more concerned that there hasn't been an app update since October? I am sure I could get by with a buggy app, if I could know that an update would be just around the corner, but I am not sure I want to have to "get by" with a seriously flawed device for months at a time, especially one that cost $500. Maybe my expectation for a problem with the app to be fixed in a matter of days or maybe a week or two- as opposed to 3 months, is too high, but if that is the case, I do not see this as a professional level device, just a toy, in which case I am not interested.




                    I fully agree with you. See my posts on this topic from around Christmas time and the following response from DigiTechRep. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. Still, taking as long as 3 months+ for such a serious and easy to spot issue which was reported both on the Digitech forums as well as iTunes comments is not excusable. Thankfully the issue is now replicated at DigiTech and they are working on an update. Fingers crossed.

                    Comment


                    • I have an RP1000. If anybody wants to trade their IPB-10 with me, send me a PM.
                      Good deals with: chrometoyz

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by JDBaldwin51
                        View Post

                        On another note, one of the pedals that I was really looking forward to trying out on this unit ( the Fulltone OCD overdrive pedal) appears to be missing from the app, despite the fact that it is being advertised on the Digitech website. Anyone know whats going on there?




                        I'm pretty sure the OCD is the "Anxiety Disorder" pedal. I assume DigiTech would have gotten into trouble if they'd called it FullTone OCD.



                        Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I'm using an iPad 2 here and the unit has been rock solid, so I can't duplicate or comment on your problems. I did a little research and saw that the iPad 2 processor is twice as fast (!) - seems to me that would make a huge difference in terms of processing data. I presume DigiTech would either need to optimize the code further, or have some kind of "governor" to prevent overflow situations with an iPad 1...but I'm speculating, I don't know much about code.



                        Maybe DigiTechRep has some inside track on a fix, if he can tear himself away from NAMM show prep. Meanwhile, check mck's post #165 for a workaround to hold you over. It's not ideal, but it seemed to solve mck's crash problems so maybe it will solve yours.
                        N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                        Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                          View Post

                          Meanwhile, check mck's post #165 for a workaround to hold you over. It's not ideal, but it seemed to solve mck's crash problems so maybe it will solve yours.




                          Yup. Not one crash since then and I'm up to about 20 presets of my own and no crash.

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by mck
                            View Post

                            Yup. Not one crash since then and I'm up to about 20 presets of my own and no crash.




                            It will be interesting to see if you find the "critical mass" number for presets.



                            I just love the flow of pro reviews, people like you are what make this a truly "open source" experience and I thank you for that.
                            N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                            Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                            Comment


                            • I have been following this excellent review and today I could not resist any longer.

                              I just ordered MY iPB-10. I am sooooo looking forward to get my hands on it.

                              Comment


                              • Zero crashes for me since I got it a few months ago. I'm running the iPad2.

                                I am ready to start swapping presets.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X