Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• On my way out now... perhaps someone can post info re tap tempo....
      iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
      My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Awesome!! Tap Tempo and Preset (Patch) Sharing were near the top of the list. That's awesome. Can't wait to expirement.

I was really hoping for a Looper, but it's not a show stopper. I'm sure it will come soon.

I'm curious about the "External footswitch can control iTunes library." Is this to start/stop songs or backing tracks you may be playing with? What kind of footswitch is needed?
        Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
        - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
        - '06 Martin D-16R
        - '07 Little Martin
        - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
        - Marshall JMP-1C
        - Marshall Class 5
        - Marshall DSL401
        - Egnater Tweaker
        - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
          View Post

okay, got a whack of suggestions captured now on the ready/refrence site. If I missed your favorite(s), or mis-represented anything, please let kmow (point me to a post or send me the particulars).

Ability to vote still 'under development'

This is great! Thanks for all your efforts putting the reference site together. All the best

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by GYM1
            View Post

Noticed the update is out today

WEWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks nice.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Fireproof
              View Post

Awesome!! Tap Tempo and Preset (Patch) Sharing were near the top of the list. That's awesome. Can't wait to expirement.

I was really hoping for a Looper, but it's not a show stopper. I'm sure it will come soon.

I'm curious about the "External footswitch can control iTunes library." Is this to start/stop songs or backing tracks you may be playing with? What kind of footswitch is needed?

Really curious about the itunes and foot switch too.... I was also hoping for the looper this update, but maybe next time !

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                View Post

Craig - just a follow-up to post 1341 (P 68). Any intentions of reorganizing this amazing iPB-10 thread into suitable buckets?, ie, perhaps something like:

• Pro and User reviews (incl user experiences, comments, critiques)

• General Q and A

• Shared User Patches (song specific posts with screenshots/audio links)

• Suggestion Box (wish list re future possibilities)

• Accessories ( gig bags, cables, etc)

• Reference Material

As you may have figured out, I've been in Google's "THIS IS AN ATTACK SITE! IF YOU CLICK YOU WILL DIE!!" hell for the past few days. Also, got the lawsuit threat du jour around the same time so had to deal with that. Such fun. Well, at least both appear to be resolved. I just deleted 41 spam posts in this thread alone, too - do the people seling Ugg boots and NFL Jerseys really think a bunch of guitar players using an iPB-10 are their target audience?

Argh.

Anyway...here's the situation. I checked to see if I could set up sub-forums under a thread, but that's not possible in VBulletin; you can only set up sub-forums under other forums or sub-forums.

So, one solution would be to create a sub-forum under Pro Reviews for the iPB-10, then under that sub-forum, create additional sub-forums with the types of categories you describe. I could then go through this main thread and copy or move appropriate posts over to the new sub-forums (probably moving would be better, as that would make this thread more compact). The only possible downside is that moving all this to a different sub-forum might break any links and bookmarks.

As IT is away during weekends, this is not something I would attempt to do now in case I find some unanticipated issue that breaks the site. But, I can inquire about this on Monday and do it really late at night when traffic is somewhat slower.

As to hosting your site, I'll have a PM to you in a day or two. I have to clean up some other things that got put on the back burner during The Great Google Attack Site Crisis.
                Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Maybe I am blind, my wife says I can't find my way out of a cardboard box with two hands and a flashlight. But umm where's the tap tempo? I even tried plugging in an external footswitch. No joy. What gives?

Comment

• Interesting discussion about technology and obsolescence. I think part of it is that we're guitar players. I have a Telecaster from 1966 and I can still buy strings for it, thank you And my Astro-Fuzz from around the same time still works. The irony of playing an instrument that's over 45 years old through something as ephemeral as a microprocessor-controlled device working in conjunction with a piece of consumer electronics is not lost on me.

My dual G5 tower Mac can't even talk to most web sites any more. I get messages like "Your browser isn't compatible. And good luck finding on that's compatible with that old piece of crap you're using." It doesn't bother me so much that technology becomes obsolete, what bothers me is that the G5 is still a fine computer, plenty fast, tricked out with RAM and lots of storage. It's perfectly adequate for 90% of what I need to do on a Mac. But, I'm writing this post on my Intel quad core because, well, "it just works."

The other complication is the "chain of parts." Most companies do board swaps these days rather than component-level repairs. So, if they run out of boards, you're hosed unless you can find someone to do a component-level repair. But even then, you're not home free because that component might not be available anymore.

I don't have a solution, and I don't think DigiTech does other. That's the way the world works these days; we're all riding on the coattails of consumer electronics, and are therefore subject to its vagaries. As pointed out earlier, this isn't a big enough industry where a company can just say "no problem, we'll make our own iPad-like product that we'll be able to support for a least a decade."
                    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• As you guys have discovered the update is live. Enjoy!

Also the FS3X implementation is more than it seems on the surface. Right now it controls iTunes, but getting the hooks in to control 3rd-party apps, well, think about that for a bit.

Comment

• Can you kindly explain where the tap tempo feature can be found? I am lost here...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                          View Post

As you guys have discovered the update is live. Enjoy!

Also the FS3X implementation is more than it seems on the surface. Right now it controls iTunes, but getting the hooks in to control 3rd-party apps, well, think about that for a bit.

Ahh, that could be very cool and useful tool ! So it's the FS3X FOOTSWITCH... can you just explain a little about the iTunes control. I don't seem to find any documentation on it.

Thanks !

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Farm0
                            View Post

Can you kindly explain where the tap tempo feature can be found? I am lost here...

Press and hold the hardware switch assigned to the delay pedal until it flashes.

Then you are in tap-tempo control. (Tap in the tempo with the hardware button)

Press and hold again to exit tap-tempo mode.

Easy. Good. Figured it out in a minute. Seems natural and how it should be!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by jerryratpack
                              View Post

Ahh, that could be very cool and useful tool ! So it's the FS3X FOOTSWITCH... can you just explain a little about the iTunes control. I don't seem to find any documentation on it.

Thanks !

The GNXFC also works.

On the GNXFC:

Press right button (Play) to start playing actual song from iTunes. Press again to pause.

Press left button (Stop) to skip to previous song in library

Press middle button (Record) to skip to next song in library

What do you need documentation for? It's so self-explanatory.

At least for the GNXFC it needs to be connected to the iPB before it's switched on.

If plugged in later the expression-calibration screen will pop up but it will not be detected as 3x-footswitch

DT: Please make the FC work in GarageBand! That would be great (hands free recording!)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                                View Post

As you guys have discovered the update is live. Enjoy!

Yes, finally. Good job! Thanks to Digitech!

Comment

Working...
                                X