Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

i bought a kemper profiling amp the other day... you guys aware of this bit of kit?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i bought a kemper profiling amp the other day... you guys aware of this bit of kit?

only just starting to see what it can do... but i'm digging it so far

let me just say that i'm not a fan of modelers... i love tube amps... this is the first thing i've tried that has me open to getting my recorded guitar tones from a digital device

just a very cool little studio tool imo

here's some vids explaining what it does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErZfk5sz82A

this one is long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAuY9OyMsdg

i like this short demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvscgj7_IBE

[QUOTE=mistersully;45981288]

let me just say that i'm not a fan of modelers... i love tube amps... this is the first thing i've tried that has me open to getting my recorded guitar tones from a digital device

That's really cool. Really cool- this is the first that I've heard of it. Kinda salty, price-wise, but wow- it does seem to capture what's going on.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I'm a mur-diddly-urdler!&quot;<br />
    <a href="http://www.tbushrecording.com" target="_blank">www.tbushrecording.com</a></div>

Comment

[QUOTE=mistersully;45981288]

That's really cool. Really cool- this is the first that I've heard of it. Kinda salty, price-wise, but wow- it does seem to capture what's going on.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I'm a mur-diddly-urdler!&quot;<br />
      <a href="http://www.tbushrecording.com" target="_blank">www.tbushrecording.com</a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TBush
        View Post

i hadn't heard of it until a little over a week ago... needless to say i was pretty interested in the way it goes about things

what sealed the deal for me is that you can download (for free) profiles that other users do... they have a section for it on their site and in their forums... i've already grabbed some killer stuff

i'm yet to profile my amps... will get around to it later this week...i'll post my thoughts and maybe a clip here when i do

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TBush
          View Post

i hadn't heard of it until a little over a week ago... needless to say i was pretty interested in the way it goes about things

what sealed the deal for me is that you can download (for free) profiles that other users do... they have a section for it on their site and in their forums... i've already grabbed some killer stuff

i'm yet to profile my amps... will get around to it later this week...i'll post my thoughts and maybe a clip here when i do

Comment

That thing is pretty intense. But pricey.

The guy who developed the Access Virus analog synth modelers is named Kemper. I wonder if it's the same guy. Kemper is probably a pretty common name in Germany.

Comment

The guy who developed the Access Virus analog synth modelers is named Kemper. I wonder if it's the same guy. Kemper is probably a pretty common name in Germany.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey
                View Post

yes it is the same guy

for what it does, i think the price is reasonable... spent a bit of time with it now... this thing is incredible

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey
                  View Post

yes it is the same guy

for what it does, i think the price is reasonable... spent a bit of time with it now... this thing is incredible

Comment

I would like it a lot more if it was a rack setup. But from what I have heard out of it I like the concept.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.nerolstudio.com" target="_blank">www.nerolstudio.com</a></div>

Comment

I would like it a lot more if it was a rack setup. But from what I have heard out of it I like the concept.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.nerolstudio.com" target="_blank">www.nerolstudio.com</a></div>

Comment

The first video is pretty impressive! I got 3 minutes into the second video and they were still ****************ing around so I stopped it. I'm not going to sit and watch an hour long video where they're probably ****************ing around for 3/4 of it.

Of course, one important aspect of this thing is that one must first have access to a great sounding amp/cab/mic/preamp system in order to have a great modeler, right? Or maybe it has the ability to load profiles?