No announcement yet.

So it's come to this...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's come to this...

It was on the jukebox. I hummed along. It's some kind of rock ballad. Elton Johnish but not. It goes on for 3 or 4 minutes building to this two note na na na na na (in dotted quarters I think) outro chorus. I forgot to get the title.

It's not Roxette, Beatles, Journey, Hey Hey Goodbye, or anything new.

Help.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

And not "Take It To The Pilot" ?
    https://soundcloud.com/david-goethe/tracks

Dave's ,YouTube channel

Comment

Nope. The singing is much simpler. I wanna say the accompaniment is acoustic guitar but I'm not certain. I Googed it, confident that it would be the first return but no dice.

Comment

earworms are sometimes welcomed, many times not for meow

Comment

Lost me. Also consistent with my current affliction.

Comment

Do you recall any of the lyrics?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Funny you should ask. It's a tune where the outro seems to be the hook. At least to me. It goes na, na, na, na, naaah .... na, na, na, na, naaah.... Dotted quarters in 4/4 FWIW. Over an F bass for instance the notes would be g, a, g, a, g.... then C bass, same melody. Google has maybe 40 diffferent answers for the na na na lyric; none of 'em that tune. That includes cached forum queries regarding what must be the same song.

Comment

Maybe this?

Or maybe this?

Probably not either one based on your description, but I'm trying to think of all the non-Journey, non-Beatles, non-Roxette, etc. "na na na" songs I can...

Maybe it is one of the songs on this list?

http://mashable.com/2014/08/18/la-la.../#0dWY.4uDsZq6

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Think it may be this...

Comment

Maybe it's this?

- George Carlin

Comment

No problem - glad we were able to assist and get you the name of the song! Good job everyone!

- George Carlin

Comment

So this is why he's called "Kurdy Holmes," the supersleuth of lost tracks. As always, we are honored by your presence! Say hi to Doctor Watson for me.

P.S. Your violin should be out of the shop in a day or two, they want to look at the bow as well.
                        N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Working...
                        X