Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid People Who Can't Figure Out What Else To Do With An Old Workhorse Console

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid People Who Can't Figure Out What Else To Do With An Old Workhorse Console

The sound engineer's version of a piano wrecking contest. You'll cry:

--
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Nerds poorly swinging tools they've never touched before in their lives bears testament to the studio Knobster departure from basic masculinity. Do not confuse that with homophobia. No, no, I'm simply denoting where DNA has been disturbed resulting in the genus Knobster, which is a linking of the feminine and nerd genes with a copious portion of the lazy gene. This could have turned out much worse if that first hammer swing missed the table entirely and completed its arc into the nerd's body. Ah, well, progress...

On a different level, I'm delighted to see a studio subjected to abuse. Gives me hope.
    Fisher House Foundation

Comment

ACh! Pahnk mesterringk.
      Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRivers View Post
        The sound engineer's version of a piano wrecking contest. You'll cry:

I thought I was watching a Mackie ad...

Seriously though.... there are so many uses for old gear. Why would someone do this? ****************************s.

Comment

This reminds of those stupid HGTV shows where they get rid of a door by beating it with a sledgehammer instead of taking it off the hinges and hauling it out. 😨

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post

Seriously though.... there are so many uses for old gear. Why would someone do this?
            ^^^^^^^^^
            This!

The Mandolin Picker

"Bless your hearts... and all your vital organs" - John Duffy

"Got time to breath, got time for music!"- Briscoe Darling, Jr.

Comment

There are far better ways to get rid of a console you no longer want...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Turned my old Harrison into a bar. Cocktails anyone?
                Don Boomer

Comment

Working...
                X