No announcement yet.

All About That Bass ...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About That Bass ...

Finally ... A version of this song that I can not only tolerate, ... but dig!

Keeping the Harmony at Harmony Central

Thats awesome.

Comment

Girl can sing!!

Comment

No kiddin' and only 23. If you find her YouTube channel, you'll see her on the John Lennon bus at 17 performing "Imagine" ... is it captivating.

D

Comment

I actually like that song now.

Comment

I know ... once you listen to her version, it sticks with you. I've been hummin' the blame thing all day ...

Comment

Great stuff! I really enjoyed that!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I want that vocal mic . . . oh, wait, I guess everybody lip-syncs for videos.
                --
                "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
                Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

i love the original! it's like a modern, witty take on a classic motown doowop style song. I love it

Comment

It certainly proves that you can completely transform a song. It would be interesting to hear the same song in a "real" classic Motown version.

Comment

Originally posted by Dendy Jarrett View Post
                      It certainly proves that you can completely transform a song. It would be interesting to hear the same song in a "real" classic Motown version.
                      play it on a shhitty stereo and it will sound "real"
                      Last edited by Goober(s); 10-24-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

They recycled tapes at Motown. Often the master tape would go by and have a bunch of splices...
                        N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

"All About The Bass" is just a great great song. It's extremely witty (both the words and the music), it actually has a positive message, the contemporary motown arrangement is both nostalgic and fresh, and the craft that went into producing it is first rate

Comment

Is this a new version of an old song, or a new song? It sounds like something that comes from a jump band of the 1940s or so, but I've heard a lot of that music and I've never heard this song before. Yet it sounds, from the comments, like some of you have.
                            --
                            "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
                            Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

All About That Bass is a current big hit pop single by Meghan Trainor.

Comment

Working...
                              X