Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just bought some trippy new shoes (and not from the spammers here)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I think the only shoes I'll ever need are Converse Chuck Taylor's and low top Doc's.

Of course I do need running shoes so... and then there's the black dress shoes for "those meetings"...

I did the Earth Shoes and since the late 70's I haven't been convinced. Docs and Chucks. Oh, and a good pair of sandals in the summer.

Where's the non-confrontational, "Shrugging Shoulders" Smilie?
    ___

Comment

Oh the famouse Earth shoes. How I remember them. Very Fugly !!!! My wife swears by Birkenstock shoes.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">I like Z Cars<br />
      and Guitars</div>

Comment

The MBT stuff looks pretty cool.

I like these...

"Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground."
        ~John Lennon

Comment

wow Lee - they look cool - I've found a shop in Brisbane that has them and I'm off to Brisbane later this week so I'll check them out

I have a friend in Brisbane... say high to her for me. Just roll down the window and yell "Hi from Timothy!" anywhere in or near Brisbane. She's got good hearing.

Yeah those things Lee's talking about look cool. Not for me, but very sexy on girls.
          ~John Lennon

Comment

in a shopping mall in Beijing for 400 Chinese Renminbi Yuan (CNY) = 58.50 US Dollar (USD):

Comment

[QUOTE=Beck;38421652]The MBT stuff looks pretty cool.

I like these...

hi boots are back in for men Timothy
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php" target="_blank">Recording Studio Design Forum</a><br />
              <a href="http://johnlsayers.com" target="_blank">Design Site</a></div>

Comment

Skechers Shape Ups

I have a pair of these....they look similar. I thought the claims (about exercising the legs more) were nutty, but the idea of rocking into a toe push-off was helpful, so I bought them. Well, I've worn them a number of times on 2 to 5 mile walks and my legs were NEVER this tired in regular walking shoes (I use New Balance.) One of the physiatrists at work recommends all of the rocker bottom shoes for walking. Good luck, hope they help with the back.

Comment

Yeah, and I thought I was the last hold out. I just don
                  ~John Lennon

Comment

I have a pair of the Vibram 5 Finger shoes...

They are really comfy, but people FREAK when I wear them.....like..."OMG, WTH is wrong with your feet?

I tell them I am reverting to an Ape, feet first...

Seriously, they are oddly comfy, and a nice break from other things...If nothing else, the change spread the load around your feet. I have a knee chair at work and use it the same way....move between it and a reg. chair a couple hours at a time if my back is bugging me..

The Vibrams are really good kayak/beach shoes too.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn<br />
                    <br />
                    Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.</div>

Comment

I have a pair of the Vibram 5 Finger shoes...

They are really comfy, but people FREAK when I wear them.....like..."OMG, WTH is wrong with your feet?

I tell them I am reverting to an Ape, feet first...

Seriously, they are oddly comfy, and a nice break from other things...If nothing else, the change spread the load around your feet. I have a knee chair at work and use it the same way....move between it and a reg. chair a couple hours at a time if my back is bugging me..

The Vibrams are really good kayak/beach shoes too.

They remind me of some Ninja shoes I had in high school, but only the big toe was separate. The outsole looked similar though. A friend and I both had them and black karate gi
                      ~John Lennon

Comment

I wear Asics GEL-Cumulus for running because I have high arches and no pronation or supination, so I just need good cushioning, which is what they have. They don
                        ~John Lennon

Comment

I wore the shoes to work yesterday and have them on today. So far, so good. I was a little bit sore yesterday from wearing them by noontime, but then my body continued adjusting to it and feels pretty good. My feet feel less worked as well, and they might be good shoes for walking around for a long time.

The hit on these shoes initially were that they looked weird and/or ugly. But the new shoes look good. I haven't told anyone at work about the shoes, and have gotten two unsolicited comments: "Oh, new shoes! They look great!"

Anyway, so far, these MBTs seem to do exactly what they say they do. I'll see after a longer period of time what the benefits are, but so far, so good.
                          Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Hope they help. One thing I will probably do is wear different shoes for variety. I do like the added exercise from the rockers, so will probably wear them for 2 walks and the flat shoes for one.

Comment

Docs and Chucks. Oh, and a good pair of sandals in the summer.

+1. I've been wearing Chucks for over 50 years now (not the same pair.....)
                              Now I'm firmly into middle age, I can wear socks with my sandals legally.
                              My wife is about to try some MBTs (constant back problems) so I wait with interest how Ken gets on with his.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/avacate" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/avacate</a> <br />
                              <a href="http://www.myspace.com/davelewisbristol" target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/davelewisbristol</a></div>

Comment

My wife is about to try some MBTs (constant back problems) so I wait with interest how Ken gets on with his.

Now, bear in mind that *nothing* has ever cured my back pain. Every day is like Groundhog Day. I wake up, my back really hurts, I take a hot shower and do yoga stretches, feel a little better, and that's about it. I've tried quite a lot of things. These things that are sort of like epidural shots helped reduce my pain by 50%, but it wore off after a few days. Basically, if I am awake, I am in pain. I am mentioning this because I believe it would be unreasonable to expect these shoes to reduce my back pain.

And it hasn't. I'm beginning my fourth day of wearing them, and what I have noticed is that I am slowly adjusting to the shoes, and my feet and ankles feel quite good even when I am on my feet for as much as twelve hours (with my work, I am on my feet most of the day, typically, and then if I go elsewhere, it can be a long day...I'm fairly active). I don't typically have aching feet or ankles that much, but you know, at the end of the day, they sometimes feel kinda worked. Not so with these MBT shoes. They feel good and relaxed and much better. So that's the biggest difference so far. I understand that it can sometimes take a little while to really fully appreciate the benefits of these shoes, and I am willing to be patient. But so far, there's tons of cushioning and my feet and ankles feel great, and I can feel that I am getting exercise from even standing. Also, I am walking straighter and my gait just looks better and straighter.

These are not Earth Shoes. I felt pretty good walking in those, and this is not a dis on Earth Shoes. But MBTs are not Earth Shoes, and the principle is very different even though it does technically have a "negative heel". And so far, I greatly prefer MBTs and feel better in those than the Earth Shoes.
                                Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X