US Medical System

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can I quote you?

Definitely.
    I wish more people would wake up and realize that providing a teat for your personal well-being isn't the interest or purpose of a "government".
    #NoLimitCornballBrother

BRO CLUB: RSBro

Originally Posted by Phrophus

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Originally Posted by Holy War

I thought you were black for some reason...

Originally Posted by Murdoch

Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.

Originally Posted by jnurp

im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

Comment

Wish someone would tell insurance companies that
      Originally Posted by Kindness Ender_rpm makes a move for most intelligent life form on HCBF.

Comment

Wish someone would tell insurance companies that

Insurance prices are so high cause everyone and their mom-in-law wants to become independently wealthy from a lawsuit of any kind, like for making scissors "sharp" or coffee "hot"...
        #NoLimitCornballBrother

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Comment

Uh huh, keep telling yourself that. Any industry with 100% profitability needs to be looked at a bit. I do agree that tort reform needs to be addressed, but since most of congress are lawyers...
          Originally Posted by Kindness Ender_rpm makes a move for most intelligent life form on HCBF.

Comment

Uh huh, keep telling yourself that. Any industry with 100% profitability needs to be looked at a bit. I do agree that tort reform needs to be addressed, but since most of congress are lawyers...

Yeah, I wouldn't consider them "biased" at all...

If you deal with multiple attorneys or judges at all, it's all the same "buddy club". no one steps on each other's toes for ANY reason.
            #NoLimitCornballBrother

Comment

Uh huh, keep telling yourself that. Any industry with 100% profitability needs to be looked at a bit.

So, where are you getting that bit of info from?
              "In a sky full of people only some want to fly
              Isn't that crazy"

Comment

Let's try and stay focused. Health insurance compaines are not evil. They, like any other business are here to make money. They are not your friend and are not here to protect and serve you. They offer a service. Do you need them? No. You can choose to save 20% of your gross income each pay period and place that money into a savings account for health reasons. Using the law of average and assuming that you try to live a clean life (no smoking, eating as good as possable, getting exercise) you should be fine. However if you are like me and enjoy steak and dislike exercise, you may want to make sure that you can afford insurance. Or find a job that offers health insurance with employment. Insurance compaines may make a lot of money, but I know that I have personaly had hospitial bills in the 100K range and only had to pay $20.
                "If your not good, you better be entertaining"

Comment

Linky

IF I'm readin it right, which not being a financial analyst, I'm open to

Comment

Medical care is not the responsability of the government, It is the responsability of the individual! That said we should have a saftey net in place, which we do, its called Medicaid. My first son was born when I was 20 and had no insurance, medicaid paid for every penny. We were not treated like kings and queens, but were treated. Long waits for doctor visit was par, but we did see a doctor. When I was able to get a job that offered health care (some 16 months later) we jummped on it. I now take care to insure that any job I take offers good insurance. For a time I was self employed and purchased my own coverage. Expensive? You bet, but was still a write off on taxes and I viewed it as My Responsability! Grow up America and stop looking for someone else to take care of you! Medical care should be like good parents, were are here to help if you need us, but as an adult- manage your own house.

And the unfortunate people who can't afford insurance? Should they suffer and get sub-par service and help? Being forced out of hospital before you are fully recovered is a really bad idea, and think of the stress which is caused by constantly worrying about your health if you aren't insured. Not everyone can get insured at reasonable prices either. Not helping those who are less fortunate than yourselfs is plain wrong and egoistic.
                    Originally Posted by BOALG

you guys should be more like Mytola!

Originally Posted by Renfield

Mytola FTW!

--------------------------

G&L Tribute L2500 Premium
                    G&L L2500 Blackburst'n'maple - ON ORDER!
                    Boss GT-10B
                    TC Electronic BG500 2x10" Combo

Comment

Not helping those who are less fortunate than yourselfs is plain wrong and egoistic.

If you lived in the US, you would be more than welcome to help out those less fortunate than yourself with their medical needs. It is not the role of our government to take care of all our wants and needs, as difficult as this idea may seem to you we are responsible for ourselves, and that is the way of things. It's also a very good way of things, and has allowed us to have the best medical care available worldwide. Don't think so? How many foreign VIP's make their way to the Mayo clinic when they get serious health problems?
                      "In a sky full of people only some want to fly
                      Isn't that crazy"

Comment

And the unfortunate people who can't afford insurance? Should they suffer and get sub-par service and help? Being forced out of hospital before you are fully recovered is a really bad idea, and think of the stress which is caused by constantly worrying about your health if you aren't insured. Not everyone can get insured at reasonable prices either. Not helping those who are less fortunate than yourselfs is plain wrong and egoistic.

There's a big difference in charity as opposed to just taking hard-earned money from everyone (or at least those who work) and dump it in a big pot and say "Ok, now who do we give it to?".
                        Who makes that decision? Who's life is more valuable? Sorry but it's not my job or my interest to support people who do not support themselves.
                        With the way our already out of control spending system goes, the LAST thing we need is more unborrowed funds for the Fed to do with it as they please.
                        #NoLimitCornballBrother

Comment

Insurance prices are so high cause everyone and their mom-in-law wants to become independently wealthy from a lawsuit of any kind, like for making scissors "sharp" or coffee "hot"...

If you don't think having to pay insurance rates like these add to the average cost of care, you need to take a math course. Remember this money plus all the money won in lawsuits are pulled out of the healthcare system. Should we be able to sue? Of course. The problem is the "soak the rich doctor" mentality lots of juries (those people to dumb to get out of jury duty) have.

Well, I'm not sure how much I can respect any man who takes Lug seriously - King Kashue
                          Sucking like that is a gift. You couldn't recognize the genius of Suck if it sat on your face and farted. -S400
                          You don't fix Lug's posts. Lug's posts fix you. - MrJoshua
                          You can be my HCBF boyfriend forever. - Sugarskull

Comment

F'in florida. All these dang old people...

Comment

Please read the post that you quoted. We do have a saftey net and the service is not sub-par, just not as good. I can buy a Toyota and it will get me from place to place, or I can by a luxary car and go from place to place with all the comforts that I can afford. At the end of the day, I still went from place to place. This program is funded on the State and Federal level. I think that you are at best misinformed, and at worst blind. If you are stressed out about health care, the get a job that offers health care! Please know that I worked 50 hrs a week for 6.50 an hour as a check-out person at a local grocery store because....they offered health insurance! I could have made alot more money working someware else, but I had a wife, a son and we needed health coverage. We scraped by for 6 years doing this until I could find a better job making more money and maintain health care. We had old cars and never went out to eat, and lived in a clean appt. in a old part of town. We made due because that is what we had to do. No one and I mean no one owes you anything. You say "Not everyone can get insured at reasonable prices either" Wrong. Not everyone is willing to scrafice other things to pay for their own way. This argument iwll not work as I have lived on both sides of the fence.
                              "If your not good, you better be entertaining"

Comment

Here's my outlook on the matter, take it for what you will:

We hear much talk in the US of late about a massive government program to cover everyone, but this can become woefully inefficient and overly expensive. Anyone who has ever been to the DMV has seen this at work first-hand. Long waits, and expensive fees on top of the taxes you already pay to run the thing in general. As another example- look at the backlog of processing that has happened in the realm of US Passports of late. In short un-checked monopolies, even government ones, are damaging. This may be especially true of the US, where the large size of the country would require a massive and expensive government plan. In Sweden, for example, they have many national programs. But the US is massive in size, diversity, and need by comparison. What works in a smaller country may prove disasterous in a larger one. These are practical considerations.

In addition I think the tradition of small government and individuals making their own way in the US system is strong. The federal government has limitations on what it can do (though the way we act now, you'd wonder about that). Where in our Federal Constitution exists a direct imperative to the creation of national healthcare? -no where. The Constition is silent on insurance plans and national healthcare. It is dangerous to simply infer whatever we want in the text of any law, but especially of the Constitution. What of the "general welfare clause"? -how much are you prepared to stretch the definition? If "general welfare" simply means whatever you want it to because you want to infer your own biases or self-manufactured ideas(and the gov't can therefore do whatever it wants) we effectively have no Constitution at all- a dangerous thing at best. I think there is no Constitutional basis for this plan at the Federal level then, because we should read the Constitution to empower the Federal government to do only certain, enumerated things. If the MAJORITY really wants it in there, they can amend it through the proper democratic process.

Appropriate to this time of year, I wonder if the people who fought in the Revolution for fairer governance, lower taxes, and greater liberties would be in favor of such big government programs. I think they'd be appalled.
                                Classic Fender Jazzmaster and Jaguar
                                Classic Fender Pre '57 Single Coil P-Bass
                                Classic Split Coil P-Bass, in Sunburst of course

Comment

Working...
                                X