World's fastest guitar player: 160 notes per second

Ma Suk Dong

• Members

Very impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28abpbNwZlU&fmt=18

Sounds like he is raping the guitar or maybe the guitar is raping him, I can't tell. Either way, I got a headache from listening to him play, but it was funny as well. I have not laughed this much in a long time. It is difficult to tell if he is serious or trying to be funny.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...why have people got this idea in their heads that 'fast = good'? it always sounds like {censored}.

I hate all them famous virtuoso guitar players because their music is downright unlistenable (& boring as hell),

they're only there to serve a purpose as a freakshow of what too much guitar playing can do to you.

incorporate your solos into a half-decent song, or gtfo ->

• Members

...why have people got this idea in their heads that 'fast = good'? it always sounds like {censored}.

I hate all them famous virtuoso guitar players because their music is downright unlistenable (& boring as hell),

they're only there to serve a purpose as a freakshow of what too much guitar playing can do to you.

Everyone should read the above post twice. Well said. The name "Rusty Cooley" immediately comes to mind. UToob is full of him displaying high-speed mindless un-melodic wanking (aka "shredding"), but I have yet to hear him, or any other bedroom shredder, play a half decent song. Even when they try to play melodic stuff it just sounds terrible. And this eternal pissing contest of being the fastest player, will never end.

Learn to master rhythm. Rhythm guitar builds songs, not technical acrobatics.

• Members

I really do think that I am becoming an old man. I cannot get into the texting thing that seems like an epidemic of illiterate bull{censored} and now this whole nintendo 64 sounding guitar ass raping is just beyond me.

I guess that this is what my dad felt like when he said that the music I was listening to sounded like noise. :confused:

Of course guitar playing is now officially a competition; I mean we even have video games about it.

• Members

I guess that this is what my dad felt like when he said that the music I was listening to sounded like noise.
:confused:

Yeah, I feel the same way. Now I know what my mom was talking about, when she always said how bad the music was that I listened to :lol:

I hate those video-game noises that they make out of guitars. It's just wrong.

Cool sig by the way :D

• Members

I'm really curious about who you're referring to.

Archived