I like Angus Young

Yngtchie Blacksteen

• Members

no, i hate how alllllll his leads are the same "type" if you know what i mean. That's not his own style! Yes, he is a good guitarist, i just don't like how he plays. i guess im more into melodic metal and shred leads.

Yeah he's more Chuck Berry OD'd on skittles, it works perfect for his band...He definitely has his own style though, are you kidding me? Hes the epitome of r&r style.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of my all time favorites too. :thu:

I don't understand the above comment about it not being his style if he does it over and over again throughout a 35 year career....I would think that is the definition of one's style. :confused:

I also have to give big props to Malcom as well. Could you imagine just sitting back in the background churning out monster riff after riff for your little brother to just take the spotlight year after year? Takes a pretty frickin special type of personality to be able to hear the praises of Angus as if he was the only guy in the band.

• Members

One of my all time favorites too.
:thu:

I don't understand the above comment about it not being his style if he does it over and over again throughout a 35 year career....I would think that is the definition of one's style.
:confused:

I also have to give big props to Malcom as well. Could you imagine just sitting back in the background churning out monster riff after riff for your little brother to just take the spotlight year after year?
Takes a pretty frickin special type of personality to be able to hear the praises of Angus as if he was the only guy in the band.

+1 :thu:

• Members

I also have to give big props to Malcom as well. Could you imagine just sitting back in the background churning out monster riff after riff for your little brother to just take the spotlight year after year? Takes a pretty frickin special type of personality to be able to hear the praises of Angus as if he was the only guy in the band.

I can imagine it just fine. No pressure on you from the press or media, and you just get to rock. Anybody who knows music knows what Malcolm contributes, and HE knows that. The respect of your peers is more than enough limelight for some people.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

the young bros. were the reason I picked up a tennis racket, then eventually a guitar. I think the rhythm section including mark, phil and cliff were also very important to the earlier grooves along with Malcolm.

Whether he likes it or not, Angus is a Living Rock God, or demon if he'd rather.

angy

Archived