I like Angus Young

Yngtchie Blacksteen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why the hell they haven't brought out a signature Angus rig by now is beyond me,

no one has done more for showing off the best in Marshall tone than him

+1. He pretty much plays straight through with the nobs at 12 o'clock. Sometimes, depending on the room, he'll push the prescence to 3 O'clock but thats the extent of it. Straight up kick ass Marshall tone. To me, his and Malcom's sound define what hard rock should sound like.

• Members

He liked Kossoff?

I'd say the influence is pretty evident. I'd say he either listened to Kossoff and picked a lil' sump'n out of his bag or he just happened to evolve a style that sounds like Kossoff on his own. Albeit a somewhat more amped up version of Kossoff if you will.

Anyway, yeah, Angus is great.

• Members

angus aint fast? he plays fast as hell on some songs.

He's not fast compared to Paul Gilbert,Steve Vai,etc.The problem is a lot of guitarists base how great a guitarist is on how fast they play.Being fast can make you great (like Paul Gilbert) but you can be great without it.(BB King)

• Members

no, i hate how alllllll his leads are the same "type" if you know what i mean. That's not his own style! Yes, he is a good guitarist, i just don't like how he plays. i guess im more into melodic metal and shred leads.

I don't know what you mean, since most of the shred guys play leads that are the same "type".

Angus plays solos and riffs that fit the songs. I couldn't imagine AC/DC not having that style of lead playing.

• Members

Im a HUGE fan of AC/DC. It is part of my daily guitar practice repertoire.

I will note however that the real brains behind the band is not Angus, but in fact Malcolm his older brother. That's where most of the killer riffs you all praise are coming from.

Oh, and the AC/DC tone you all love is *not* purely an SG guitar + Marshall amp. It is the combionation of Malcolm's Gretsch on one channel, plus Angus' SG on the other, that make that incredible riff tone.

As for the solos, yeah.. it's all pure Angus tone. one that I still cannot achieve despite spending $$$ on equipment!

Archived