The Peavey Love Thread

fanuvbrak

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by fretmonster

Those Wolfgangs are sure pretty, but aint those floyds kind of a bitch? What kinda sounds do you get out of them?

Nah, the Floyds on Wolfgangs aren't setup to float, so they are pretty simple to setup and stay in tune like nobody's business. The pickups in the Wolfgangs are really hot, but really well defined. Kind of hard to describe. They are 4 conductor pickups so they can be split, but they don't come stock with a coil split, and I've never done the mod to mine.

They are pretty much straight up rock guitars.

The leads on this song were done with my goldtop Wolfgangs Standard. I used the neck pickup for all the leads except for the main one after the bridge, which I used the bridge pickup for. I also used my Peavey Classic 30 for everything.

If This Ain't Love

• Members
Originally posted by Armoredfist316

I have a classic 30 with a NOS celestion G12-80. I also have a peavey XXL Head with a XXX 4X12 cab. I had a TKO115 bass amp when i had my bass too.

I used to have a TKO-80, but a cousin "borrowed" it 10 years ago...:mad:

• Members

My main gigging amp right now is a Peavey Encore 65, all tube made in 1984. I bought it when I had to sell my Bandit 65 mbecause the guy fell in love with the tone and offered me $200(I still regret selling it). Both of these amps can be used as jackstands for vehicle repair.

I recently scored a 1984 made in USA hardtail Peavey Patriot Hardtail. Awesome tone, playability, intonation and feel.$129 complete with a bomb resistant hard case.

I remember just a couple of years ago T 60's sold for cheap. Now I see some sell for $400.

Nothing but love for PEAVEY

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a Peavey Vortex II (Rhoads copy) I paid $96 for. It has a Kahler Flatmount Standard trem that's worth more than I paid and the pickups are Peavey copies of Diuncan Invaders. Screaming metal guitar. I had a nice Predator, wish I'd kept it, much nicer than MIM Fender Strats.

Amp-wise I have a Triumph 60 combo, and also a Triumph P.A.G. 60 combo. Both 112 combos, the PAG has a separate EQ for the Crunch and Ultra channels. The plain Triumph just has one EQ, but still sounds great. 3 channels, they're the predecessors of the Ultra, XXX and JSX amps. Great for blues to metal, might need a boost pedal for death and black metal.

I also had a little Decade that I loved, you could go camping and plug into your car's lighter outlet for 12v power!
That liuttle 15w with 8" speaker would ALMOST keep up with a drummer! Not quite, but close! It was the later 15w model, most are 10w.

Peavey makes good stuff, and cheap too! And used it's just stupid cheap!

And CS? I got the Triumph PAG used, and the footswitch end was a bit screwed up. So I bought another footswitch on Ebay. Same DIN connector, but it didn't work with the amp!

So I send them in to be fixed and rewired, figured they'd call me to run my card when they were done. I get my footswitches back a week later - NO CHARGE! I told 'em I bought the then 14-0yo amp from Ebay but they fixed BOTH footswitches for free! Now THAT's cool in my book!

Oh yeah, almost forgot - I also have the Rockmaster preamp! Basically the same preamp as the PAG combo, but with FIVE EFX loops! 1 for clean, 1 for crunch, 1 for Ultra, 1 for Crunch/Ultra, and 1 global. You can just route different rack units through each loop and have a mini-switching system for those who are MIDI-challenged (i.e., dumbasses like me! :p

LOVE Peavey! Love 'em!

• Members

I have owned a few PV pcs over the years.

Classic VT 2x12 the one with tremelo

Duece VT's 2x12 with the built in phaser (had two)

Triumph 60 amp

Bandit

Bandit solo series

Bandit solo with shefield speaker model

Artist VT series

Decade 10 watt amp

TNT Bass amp

212mc upright cab.

PV pred' electric

I still have the Artist VT, TNT bass amp and the 212MC. The cab rocks and was cheap. I wouldnt mind finding another. The rest are long gone

• Members

i once owned about 11 years ago a "peavey predator ax" the colour was baby blue, white pickgaurd and pickup covers.... and a maple neck, like an ass i got rid of it and it was an amazing guitar for the money back then, if i remember right it cost me

• Members

I had the total Peavey rig in high school. A Peavey SS head, which I don't remember the model but it had a crunch channel and a mega-gain channel. No clean. I used an Earth 4x12 (were they Peavey? Looked like Peavey.) & a Peavey 2x15. I'm always thinking of picking up another Peavey 2x15 because listening to old tapes from back then my sound was heavy as hell.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived