The Peavey Love Thread

fanuvbrak

• Members

My first guitar was a Peavey Predator AX (Made in US) before they apparently started farming them out to Korea or somewhere, not to mention change the design away from a 'traditional strat'

predator16kq.jpg

Anyway, I still have it (it ain't worth much $$ wise I reckon anyway) and play it.

So yeah, plenty of love here.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by DaleH

Chucks888 did yours come with the tortuous shell pick guard? Looks great.

No sir? I added that when I swapped out the PUPS. The tech threw on some mint-ish vintage looking knobs, and I agree, it looks like it went through an extreme makeover or something, it looks beautiful compared with before.

It came with a white guard stock.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

got a predator ax with the 4 single coils (replaced with carvin pups) and a delta blues 210. Live we use a pair of sp2s and a pair of peavey 18s and a 900 power amp. I live 5 minutes away from the service center and always get great service. The only bad experience I've had with peavey gear is a late 80s 241/4 tracer with bad fret wire (sliced a divot out of the fret during a bend).

• Members

I have a Classic 50 212. I love it. Can't say enough good about it.

I have two Peavey PA speakers. Bought 'em new a few months ago. Two 15 inch speakers in each, plus a horn. They are so good sounding that I congratulate myself every single time I use them. They were also inexpensive. The snots over in PA equipment or live sound or whatever that forum is called sneered at my proposed purchase, but they were wrong. I'm glad I ignored them.

As for Peavey guitars ...well. I'm a Fender/Gibson guy, sorry. I'm sure they are very lovely and upstanding guitars, however. I just don't play them or own them.

• Members

I really like my peavey prowler, its very similar to the valveking, its a great all tube amp for the low price I paid for it. I've also been gassing for one of the old adrian vandenberg models but I don't have the $ for one right now. The XXX and 6505 are pretty sweet too btw.

• Members

I own two Peavey amps that I gig with constantly.

584a3ded.jpg

Special 130 that I traded a non-working Dean Markley for. Man, did I come out ahead on that deal. This is pound-for-pound the loudest amp in the universe. And the clean sound is pristine.

amp1.jpg

KB-60 Keyboard amp that I use for both guitar and bass. I traded a used Peavey Bandit 112 for this one and have never been sorry. It has no distortion channel, being a keyboard amp, but it is powerful as all getout and does great as a bass amp for small gigs.

When I got it the tolex had been pretty much worn off so I recovered it and, of course, I had to then rename it.

• Members

Originally posted by haggardguy

I really like my peavey prowler.

I'll give that a + 1/2. I have a Prowler too and love the clean channel, but I've given up on trying to get a useable tone out of the lead channel. I think I'm just trying to make it do something it's not built for. I want a bluesy screamy biting OD, but it's meant to be more of a distorted rocker.

I also have a USA made Reactor (Tele) and I love it. I can't imagine getting a better guitar for the insanely low price I paid.

• Members

I've had a couple of Peavey amps in the past, but right now I only hav a Bandit 112. I use it for practise, and it actually sound real good. And of course, my old Predator.. No photos right now, something wrong with photobucket.com..

• Members

lots of love for Peavey. the classics/db are killer amps, and their PA gear will be around longer than boss pedals & cockroaches. while i dont dig most of their guitars, thats strictly on a cosmetic level, but i cant fault a single one i've ever picked up (starting 20-odd years back).

go Hartley!

curious pic of a '77 Earth amp. ;)

Photo1_9ccc4.jpg

Archived