The Peavey Love Thread

fanuvbrak

• Members

I love my Peavey stuff: The T-60 is my main guitar, The Classic 50 410 sounds fantastic with no pedals at all (I found "my" tone, by the way), their new guitars look amazing (the HP signature and the Omniac), and the company is still run by the guy who started it.

Their customer service is the best in the business and they're prices are fairly reasonable for quality stuff.

Who's with me?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Read the next post if you have seen this before.

At my house, there resides:

Classic 30

Bass IV and cab

TKO 65

Backstage 30

Tracer I

Tracer II

Tracer III

Tracer IV

Razer I

Razer II

Mystic

Mantis I

Mantis II

Firenza

Fury bass

Predator

So, yeah, you might say I am OK with their stuff.

Bless me father for I have sinned. I had a Peavey Reactor Axe (tele model) with the dual blade humbuckers that out squawked, out snarled and out barked any Fender tele I'd ever heard. I had some trouble with the setup and the high E string would occasionally get caught under the frets as I was playing. The electronics needed cleaning up and maybe replaced. I also thought, I could love another guitar more and I rationalized that someone with more expertise could set that guitar up and enjoy it. What a fool I was. And such a pretty sea foam green! The one I let get away... :(

bigA.jpg

On the other hand I have the Peavey Generation EXP (no ACM) and it is a rocking machine. tele style and howls up a storm. More like a fatter sounding strat than a tele, though.:thu:

peaveygenerationexpsmall.jpg

• Members

I have a Peavey Rage III (15 watt practice amp) and its the only one that I play through. They have a 5150 head/cab and another tube combo (I think its a ValveKing) at the local shop that are giving me gas pains, but I can't justify something that big yet.

Gotta love that Peavey!

L8R

Raths

• Members

Played bass through a Peavey Combo 300 (and an additional Black-Widow-equipped 1x15" cab) with a band for years.

Peavey Encor 65 is my current guitar amp.

I definitely see a Delta Blues in my future.

I really like the looks of the T-60, but have never ever seen one here in Europe, most of the Peavey guitars I can find in shops here are the lowest range strat copies (and an occasional Rockingham jazz box).

• Members

My Peavey Collection -

2 Patriots - single hum's w/ trems...sweet axes...

1 Generation EXP (no ACM)

1 Predator - older with locking 3x3 tuners, sweet trem, killer neck

Deuce II amp (ss pre - 6L6 power)

An 8 chnl mixer/power amp PA head

TKO Something that I found in the trash and turned into a killer 1x15 cab

Good, solid gear...2 thumbs up from me....

Brandon

• Members

I got a PEAVEY MYSTIC for my 18th birthday. 38 now and still have it. I loved that guitar and played it until 95, But it needs some wiring work and the neck is pretty wore. One day i'd like to have it gone through and put back to specs.

Archived