Used my buddy's Yamaha RGX-TT (Ty Tabor sig.) at last nights gig

peavey_impact

• Members

My friend offered to let me use his RGX-TT as my backup axe, so i left my Cali at home. Such an amazing guitar. The color doesn't photograph well, but here are a couple pics:

l_547884d674e64a70bd430ce81ea0dc5e.jpg

l_473aa7b4628e4c72adfd267bb0e9e83b.jpg

And one with my USA Diablo which I used for the majority of the set:

l_548e47ecdb4b4f6aae03cb0595455ca3.jpg

Any other RGX-TT players out there? I wanna see pics :)

• Members

Looks like a great gig space, all kinds of room.

Yep it is a sweet place, just a huge open room. Looking at these pics it looks like there was no one else there lol but there was actually a very nice crowd. :thu:

The only thing that could make the RGX-TT better IMO is a Floyd Rose instead of the Wilkinson :)

From a practicality standpoint, that guitar just has so many unique features that every guitar should have. Side adjust truss rod nut in the cutaway, upside-down output jack (similar to my Hamers), lightweight ultra sleek sculpted body ala Ibanez S series, push buttom coil split, sperzel tuners etc....

It also has the coolest damn side fret markers of any guitar I've ever seen

• Members

Did you play TV Tan?

Nope but I am very seriously considering doing a Wildhearts cover......probably "Rooting for the Bad Guy" or "Destroy All Monsters" as they are more along the lines of the type of music my band plays.

Suckerpunch would be fun as fuck too.....i love them all. :thu:

• Members

OK, you gave me an excuse for posting my Ty Tabor again! There you go!

f_1812605_1.JPG

f_1812650_1.JPG

f_1812674_1.JPG

f_1812646_1.JPG

Ty Tabor himself signed my guitar when he visited the factory or the shop. :thu:

f_1812648_1.JPG

Although this is made in Taiwan, everything in her is MIJ level.......or should I say equal to the Pacifica Mike Stern in quality. JKater and StreetKnight will agree.

Hell, this guitar has got Sperzel tuners, Wilkinson trem, SD pickups......it is pretty much equivalent of Ibanez Andy Timmons in spec but with the price of Fender Mexican Standard......well actually less than that! What more should I ask? :thu:

I even prefer my Yammy more than my Carvin!

• Members

Thnx. Can you post more pics of the red one you got? Seems like the purple one is the most common.

On the side note, you've got a cool hair style.

:lol::lol:

Unfortunately that is one of my friend's guitars, not mine. He just asked me if I'd like to use it to perform with and of course I said yes! I love switching things up live. Next time I visit him I'll try to remember to take some better pics of it :thu:

• 11 years later...

Archived