I'll never buy another new guitar

Faber

• Members

Much of what makes up price differentials is the amount of hand finishing. If you learn how to perform such tasks (fret level/crown/polish, nut work, and general setup) you can get away with a much less expensive instrument and end up with one that rivals one costing twice the price in terms of feel and playability.

• Members

I can afford them but there not worth it to me they raise there prices just because there greedy fatcat suits just like those bailout bastards.

From now on im building them or havin a luthier make it.

{censored} those midlife crisis guitars.

• Members

Check out Warmouth, there isnt much of anything they wont build for you.

I've been having GAS for a Jag style and was checking them out, mostlt becouse dont want 2mm of poly on my guitars, and I can build it to my personal specs.

So

Bass wood body $155
Vintage Modern Rosewood strat neck $157
= $312

Why not?

• Members

This thread makes me think of my Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s neck Ice Tea burst I bought BRAND NEW off MUSICIAN'S FRIEND for $2000.

By most accounts I did everything wrong on that purchase. I even used a CREDIT CARD! (I've since paid it off though....... :cool:)

But gat dam I love that guitar almost more than life itself!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No regrets on that one!

• Members

Check out Warmouth, there isnt much of anything they wont build for you.

I've been having GAS for a Jag style and was checking them out, mostlt becouse dont want 2mm of poly on my guitars, and I can build it to my personal specs.

So

Bass wood body $155

Vintage Modern Rosewood strat neck $157

= $312

Why not?

$312 is great. Are you thinking about hardware and electronics though? That may well double the price...

• Members

The only new guitar I am considering is a Carvin. I can get a custom build for around $1,600, that includes premium woods, built to order, stainless frets, outstanding neck etc... I have checked them out in hand at their stores so know how good they could be. A basic American Strat is now about the same price.

• Members

There are always bargains if you keep your eyes open and cash on standby. Most shop prices can be bartered down. Also like the other poster said if you are looking alot of people buy fairly expensive guitars which they rarely play and never gig which are sold cheaply for second hand prices.

• Members

I've always been of the same mindset. Just like I won't buy a new car, I won't buy a new guitar. If you're buying it as some sort of investment or collector's items, and will be putting it in a closet, then that's one thing. But, if you're ever going to play it, then I just don't see the point in buying new.

• Members

$312 is great. Are you thinking about hardware and electronics though? That may well double the price...

Yeah I know I didnt put hardware on it, that was just to give you an idea of building your Dream Guitar.

So lets double that for hardware + change(paint) we'll say $650.

Thats $100 more than a new MIM Tele or Strat, and its $500 cheaper than a Fender.

Archived