Ibanez SV5470F DSB ???

Misha

• Members

What do you think of it?

IbanezSV5470.jpg

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/archive/product_news/2008Prestige/SV5470F.html

Price tag was 1750$ CAD.

I want something with a trem for a change. Super Strat shape.

is this a good one? I tried it today and it was good! I could have played it all day! I also tried an S5470 TKF but didn't like it as much.

Maybe there are other brands that I should look at too??

I liked the shape, the weight, the neck, the feel, the pickups, the look! :love:

If I keep thinking about it for days, weeks, months ??? ... I'll need to grab it!

• Members

It's a Prestige Ibanez.

It's mahagony and maple.

It has the Duo buckers, which I played and they sound great.

It has a the Synch Zero trem, which is also great.

It is a great guitar, however Ibanez usually have prices a bit lower.

yes, it's expensive but what a Guit!! :cool:

The problem is that right now: 1.00 CAD = 0.805023 USD. This is why it seems so expensive! We're used to it in Canada! :(

I could deal it a bit but it's still going to be expensive!

Haaaa! If I keep thinking about it, I'll manage to get it!!

I like the neck so much and it sounds sooo good! (Tried it with a Custom Classic AC15CC1X!)

• Members

Actually, I was planning to buy this guitar before.

The blue version:

SV5470F_NBL_00_01.jpg

Awesome guitar!!! Highly recommended!!!

Unfortunately, the only "not" good about this is the price.

The blue one looks even better in person!!! The pic doesn't do it justice! :poke:

• Members

im actually getting one in dark sunburst tomorrow
:cool:
here's a better pic
:love:

sv5470fdsb4.jpg

Thank's for the pic! it's beautiful! :love:

The one that you are talking about, in dark sunburst, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's not exactly the same model? It's the S5470, it has locking tuners and no "binding" around the fretboard. It is more expensive! (It looks very good too!)

• Members

I like the red and the blue, but hoogly moogly that sunburst is hawt. Which ever way you slice it, these are pretty awesome gits. If you're seeing one in your soup, you will eventually give in to the gas and find a way to get one.

• Members

Thank's for the pic! it's beautiful!
:love:

The one that you are talking about, in dark sunburst, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's not exactly the same model? It's the S5470, it has locking tuners and no "binding" around the fretboard. It is more expensive! (It looks very good too!)

i just checked the ibanez site, the color is called dark sunset burst on the sv5470f, not dark sunburst, my bad. but yeah its the sv5470f im getting, not the s5470

• Members

i just checked the ibanez site, the color is called dark sunset burst on the sv5470f, not dark sunburst, my bad. but yeah its the sv5470f im getting, not the s5470

Post pics when you get it! :poke:

I mean... we can let you play it for a few hours when you get it but post pics ASAP!! ;)

• Members

That blue one is calling my name!!!!! How's the trem? I've yet to see a non-locking trem that can stay in tune as well as a Floyd.

That trem is an Ibanez "Edge Zero" and it is the best trem in the history of the world. Check it out on their site. Very very very clever piece of geometry and engineering. It never goes out of tune. Period.

• Members

What is this exactly???

its a new production line charvel..... USA made but I believe the trem is an import FR copy....

good guitars for the money, but nothing like the ibanez you are after so I have no clue why anyone would recommend it for you :idk:

• Members

its a new production line charvel..... USA made but I believe the trem is an import FR copy....

good guitars for the money, but nothing like the ibanez you are after so I have no clue why anyone would recommend it for you
:idk:

I was curious to learn what it was because it has a Fender headstock, (at least the shape) but that guitar is really not what I'm looking for!

The Ibanez felt just too good to forget about it!

Thank's for the information! You satisfied my curiosity!

• Members

The Charvel and Ibby are like apples and oranges. Both nice guitars but very different.

I have an Ibby S470, not a prestige model. I love it. Great shape, love the ZR trem, mine is double locking though.

The other day I stumbled onto one of the blue SV5470s. Holy Crap!!! What an awesome guitar. It makes my Korean made S470 feel like a toy.

If I only had the extra cash. :cry:

Archived