Ibanez SV5470F DSB ???

Misha

• Members

for the record, the guitar in photos in earlier posts had a ZR trem. ZR = zero resistance. this is different than an edge zero trem. the ZR uses ball bearings while the edge zero is more like a conventional floyd setup except it has a mechanism which improves its return to the zero (equilibrium) point.

hope that helps.

i own an ibanez RG2570Z with the edge zero trem, and also a charvel strat like above except in different color. The trem on the charvel is a copy of the OFR - and it is made out of hardened steel (55 on the rockwell scale). its a quality trem but its made in korea vs germany so it lacks the fine attention to detail of a german OFR. Its solid though and I have no plans on replacing it.

if you have any questions let me know. since I have both ibanez and charvel i'll offer personal responses based on my experiences with both. both are great guitars but their fit in your collection depends on what features/feel you're looking for.

• Members

for the record, the guitar in photos in earlier posts had a ZR trem. ZR = zero resistance. this is different than an edge zero trem. the ZR uses ball bearings while the edge zero is more like a conventional floyd setup except it has a mechanism which improves its return to the zero (equilibrium) point.

None of the previous pics have a ZR on them. It looks similar but it's not a ZR, I've owned at least three Ibanez's with ZR's on them. ZR's are larger and double locking.

• Members

None of the previous pics have a ZR on them. It looks similar but it's not a ZR, I've owned at least three Ibanez's with ZR's on them. ZR's are larger and double locking.

OK, I just looked it up and it's a SyncroniZR, not a ZR, or an EdgeZero as someone previously stated.

Archived