Country Players! Post your rigs!

colin617

• Members

Well, looks like the country well is a little on the dry side. I'm interested to see these though - play tele and whip out the orange squeeze and blues breaker pedal is all I know to do. - looking forward to this thread.

• Members

Thinline Tele---> 1956 Fender Deluxe 5e3 or--->'70's Peavey Classic 410-----> or, my new unlikely favorite, a solid state KMD bass amp 1x15.....sometimes with a Boss cs2, occasionally an AM CloneChorus, and, for a bit of alt. grit, a ZoomPD01....that'll do'er:thu:

• Members

Single coil guitar (I play a Strat but I know I really should get a Tele). A good compressor is key. A delay that can make a slapback effect is very cool (esp. for crossing over into rockabilly territory). Good clean channel on a tube amp (Fender). The rest (very much more) is in your fingers.

• Members

I really have no answer, but since you mentioned country, I always like to post this cause this guy just blows me away every time I see him play.

He plays thru a Fender Silverface, and I think I remember seeing some kind of compressor.

When you have 5 minutes, you need to watch and listen to this vid. The whole thing. gets really good around 1 min 40 seconds

[YOUTUBE]Ylob6Wg_foM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

...so far, only one person mentioned a non-Tele, and his note mentioned that he really should get a Tele.

Is the country guitar landscape really so monochromatic? I ask this seriously - is a Tele as much a prerequisite as humbuckers are in metal?

• Members

I'm mainly a clean fusion guy... of course the fusion I do incorporates a lot of country and blues styled licks, and often I love to break into just straight up country.....

these days I love to play brent mason, brad paisley, and andy timmons type stuff...

heres the rig I use.....I use this for all sorts of styles, but the music I have been writing lately is definitely more country than anything else..... though I can use this easily for jazz, rock and metal, and it would sound great

005-4.jpg

Archived