what is your proudest achievement on the guitar?

chrisebrooks06

• Members

for me, the best moment and the technical piece for me has been learning master of puppets all the way through, ok, not as tecnical as some of the better and more accomplished here but a proud achievement for me.

whats your proudest achievement while learning to play?

can be learning your favourite song, passing your grade exams, your first cd, gig etc,

share your stories..........

:thu:

• Members

I have several - the first was when I learnt the Indulce Jubilo solo by Mike Oldfield for a Christmas service at church. Pretty much nailed it note for note which was a first for me :)

The second was playing the first half of the Top Gun theme for my sister when she walked out of church after her wedding:cool:

And the third was later on that same day when my band were coming to the end of our set at the reception and we were teasing the party with quiet intro chords to Happy Day and our singer was doing a little talky bit. My sister (and new husband) were watching trying to figure out the song, and the look on their faces when it clicked will stay with me for a long time :) - probably the loudest and funkiest we've ever played it:cool:

• Members
I have several - the first was when I learnt the Indulce Jubilo solo by Mike Oldfield for a Christmas service at church. Pretty much nailed it note for note which was a first for me
:)

The second was playing the first half of the Top Gun theme for my sister when she walked out of church after her wedding:cool:

And the third was later on that same day when my band were coming to the end of our set at the reception and we were teasing the party with quiet intro chords to Happy Day and our singer was doing a little talky bit. My sister (and new husband) were watching trying to figure out the song, and the look on their faces when it clicked will stay with me for a long time
:)
- probably the loudest and funkiest we've ever played it:cool:

priceless memory :) very cool

• Members

well since you asked...when my band got signed the first time....nothing really came from it, but I was very stoked, our first so cal tour, getting filmed at a grand opening of a local theme park. ( that shorty went belly up), my first time in a real recording studio. is that enough? :~)

• Members

i guess my other moment was the time i played orion all the way through, i loved that,

I don't care how much I hate them or how much damage they continue to do. That one belongs to me and cliff, and I will continue to play it like it was '89' all over again.

My bar was low, but I guess it was my first performance of playing a recognizable version of For Whom The Bell Tolls at the HS talent show "errrmm..HRRRMMM" years ago.

• Members

Most memorable moment - When we were playing at a club opening for a real act and this girl started hiking her dress up and doing you know what in front of the singer and I forgot I had to sing - I ran up to the mike hit it with my mouth - it flew back hit the monitor and came back and smacked me in the mouth and cut my lip wide open!!

At ths point there was the girl and no one else paying attention to us.

Of course we were playing Metal so everyone got Pumped up while I was bleeding all over the place!!

It was hilariously painful!

• Members

I probably ought to amend my earlier response.. When my band back in the ,,,,well,,, a few yrs back got serious label interest(we thought, but never signed) that was pretty cool but I never looked at it as a guitar achievement...

I thought it was a band thing:idk:

Archived