Frustrated trying to find a 12 string electric

daves_obc

• Members

You might try My Music Store in Golden Valley.Last time I was there they had couple of used 12 string electrics in your price range.One was a Danelectro can't remember what the other one was.

Thanks. I'll give 'em a call.

• Members

You might try My Music Store in Golden Valley.Last time I was there they had couple of used 12 string electrics in your price range.One was a Danelectro can't remember what the other one was.

Called 'em and they're gone. Oh well. Thanks for the tip though.

• Members
I own a Dano and totally agree with John. I got a Janglebox compressor for Christmas and now the Dano sounds unbelievable! I don't gig anymore, I only use it for recording, so I can't vouch for its gig worthiness. Definitely worth the money.

Yeah this is a pretty killer combo from what I've seen and heard. I mean it's not a Ric, but it's pretty darn close for not a lot of coin, plus it's got the Dano coolness factor. :thu:

• Members

Originally Posted by daves_obc

Found this 12 string Telecaster conversion on eBay. Looks very interesting.

I'll admit this one sounds interesting, but I wonder about the string spacing at the nut. Standard spacing for the Squier is 42 mm. Standard for the Ric 360-12 is about 41 1/2 mm. Not much difference. Lots of people have trouble playing chords on the Ric (and the Fender Strat 12). I'm not sure it would be any easier on the Squier.

I'd like to hear from someone that has played one of these.

• Members

I'd give this DiPinto Mach XII some serious consideration.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiPinto-Mach-XII-Electric-Guitar?sku=512629

I see they are out of stock right now, but usually they have them in. They may be available at other dealers or direct. I haven't played the 12 model, but I own the Mach VI and it's a nice guitar. It really has a lot of different tones to it. Aggressive (bridge), bluesy (neck) and also twangy with both pickups. I think DiPinto delivers good values.

Coincidentally I have a Rickenbacker 360/12 arriving today UPS after a 14 month long wait.

It will be my first electric 12.

Archived