Non-conventional single coil guitars

luke978

• Members

I'm looking for a good rock guitar with single coil pickups. The only problem is that there isn't a whole lot to choose from that doesn't look like a strat.

I play rock, classic rock, and a little blues. I have a $600 budget, and here are the frontrunners so far:

DiPinto Los Straightjackets Galaxie 4 (I love the {censored} out of this guitar)

464578.jpg

J&D JM10

ii_422.jpeg

Or maybe this:

270567.jpg

Not so sure about the p90's, as I already have an SJM with duncans in it.

Are there any other oddball songle coil guitars out there in my price range?

• Members

How 'bout this... It'll out-Strt a Strat and gets a cross between Tele and Strat in position 4... Nice and light, too. PM me if interested. You will DEFINITELY get noticed. Oops... I just saw your price point... Sorry 'bout that. This would be double that... :(

Kanji_Mantis_TJ1.jpg

Kanji_Mantis_TJ2.jpg

Kanji_Mantis_TJ3.jpg

Kanji_Mantis_TJ4.jpg

• Members

Here's some of mine that I acquired for under $600.

Found this Special Jet on fleabay for $235, with an upgraded badass-style intonatable bridge, MIC but with US-made DeArmond 2000 pickups:

94152145_373b9f3161.jpg

Found this Brownsville Choirboy with 3 toaster singles for a Benjamin even, these MIK cheapies are total sleepers-- I have a 12-string with the same pickups, yanked from a Brownsville:

419396776_8ba65ee8cc.jpg

There are lots of RI Danelectros out there for way under $600, I got this Hodad for $250, although the lipsticks are wired together they can be split, most Danos of course are singles only:

3141374077_74b1b0f4a0.jpg

Also, you may be able to find a Ric 620, if maybe a slightly beat-up one, for 6 bills or less, they have Ric "Hi-Gain" singles (I got mine in an even trade for an Epi Flying V, but that was possibly my bestest deal evah, so don't hold your breath on finding one that cheap, though my side band lead singer found one 4 or 5 years ago for $400):

64187964_178d5e6b9c.jpg

Archived