NAD...just got me another Overtone

mcinku

• Members

Well Done!!!!!!

I sure wouldn't dare messing about about with naything electrical, so respect earned here!!!!!!

(you may want to keep a fire exintguisher handy when you fire that one up..... ;))

Good luck & hope all that hard work makes for a fine sounding amp!!!!

• Members

Bluesmaster HRM?

That's a Dumble thing... Bluesmaster is a name for a tonestack and PI section. HRM is an additional eq on the OD side. (Small board with three trimmers north of main board, next to orange relay.)

Currently I own so called Skyliner non-HRM Overtone, just to give you an example.

;)

• Members

That's a Dumble thing... Bluesmaster is a name for a tonestack and PI section. HRM is an additional eq on the OD side. (Small board with three trimmers north of main board, next to orange relay.)

Currently I own so called Skyliner non-HRM Overtone, just to give you an example.

;)

What I meant is that te name sounds manly, unless you have a lesbian amplifier.

• Members

What I meant is that te name sounds manly, unless you have a lesbian amplifier.

:facepalm:

sorry, didn't get it...

Well the name of the amp is not Bluesmaster HRM, that's just spec of the amp.

The name is HER ROYAL MAYESTY

fpanel2B.JPG

I borrowed that pic from the Ceriatone site

• Members

Now THAT is a lady.

{censored} :eek:,

I just checked again, it's written His and not Her as I thought.

The only famous royalty often mentioned in the media is Queen of England... so I just automatically assumed it's HER

My amp is a King and not a Queen

...my bad

• Members

Hey mcinku, I've really been looking at getting one of those. Do you know what are the differences between the OTS and the HRM? I'd appreciate the info. I'm going to have to sell off my other two combo amps to afford the purchase but I know it will definitely be worth it. :thu:

• Members

Very cool - interested in hearing the difference between the non-HRM and HRM. I recently got a chance to play a Fuchs ODS50 (non-HRM) and LOVED it. My friend recently bought a Fuchs ODS30 combo which I hope to try in the next couple days.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of the guys doing the Dumble clips are always chasing the Robben Ford thing, and while I love Robben, not everyone is quite up to his caliber of playing (understandably!) and many of the demos are of somewhat bland overcompressed fusion playing which gives the impression that these amps are one trick ponies. If my experience with the Fuchs is any indication, they are not!! Gorgeous cleans and a wide range of sweet singing overdrive that could do anything from jazz to blues to rock well.

So here's one question...how do these things perform at low volume? Do they sound decent at hushed levels or do you really need to open them up? I've really fallen for the Dumble style amp but am moving into the city and an apartment soon and for the forseeable future, and most variants are 20W+ which is too much if you need to get the powertube amps going.

• Members

Hey mcinku, I've really been looking at getting one of those. Do you know what are the differences between the OTS and the HRM? I'd appreciate the info. I'm going to have to sell off my other two combo amps to afford the purchase but I know it will definitely be worth it.
:thu:

nonHRM has more gain on tap...it's also more distorted sounding at lower drive settings - in a good way. I would say it has more mid harmonics. It has more sustain on overdriven notes. I've read somewhere that nonHRM is for "tubescreamer"+amp kind of guy and I would agree with that.

HRM on the other hand has less distortion available and it's more dependent on touch for overdrive tonality... the gain structure is different to nonHRM as well. Hard to describe but I would say HRM sounds more like a trumpet in spongy kind of way. :freak::facepalm:

If your play style is more aggressive I would go for nonHRM... HRM will take more delicate playing style better.

IMHO

• Members

So here's one question...how do these things perform at low volume? Do they sound decent at hushed levels or do you really need to open them up? I've really fallen for the Dumble style amp but am moving into the city and an apartment soon and for the forseeable future, and most variants are 20W+ which is too much if you need to get the powertube amps going.

These amps are like Swiss Army Knives...

... they do clean very well, they do that famous OD everybody rave about, they have loop (passive) and so far as much as I know, it's the only amp which master volume actually works well.

The secret of D style amps is in the preamp... majority of the sound get shaped in there... power amp is just suppose to amplify that... That's why Robben Ford usually takes the signal from the loop and feeds it to the Twin for even more good stuff.

... and that's why this amp sound good at low volumes as well.

Don't get me wrong... if you crank this baby, it only gets better just like other amps.

;)

• Members

{censored}
:eek:

I just checked again, it's written His and not Her as I thought.

The only famous royalty often mentioned in the media is Queen of England... so I just automatically assumed it's HER

My amp is a King and not a Queen

...my bad

Perhaps he's a queen? ;)

Archived