NGD - Gibson Studio Content

Woody_in_MN

• Members

Is there something wrong with liking Studios better than standards? Because I do. I always feel comfortable with the Studio, but the Standard always feels wrong, like it's bigger in one spot or something.

• Members
Got to do the cream plastic man; it makes it look so much better.

Here's one that I did a few years ago before I sold it off.

IMG_0176.jpg

That looks so much better. Wonder why Gibson can't figure that out.
Black Studios also look 10 times better with the Creme parts.

• Members

The creme pickguard and rings looks AWESOME! :) I love it. I'd definitely do that too.

impulsiveness time: I got one too last week. I'm returning it because I didn't realize it was a semihollow. :) the guitar is pretty tight though, really nice resonance and sustain, only gripe I could find anywhere was some of the strings were binding at the nut quite a bit. the fretwork is beautiful -- really no flaws anywhere (other than the nut, which a little filing can fix).

if I was in the market for a semihollow, I'd be keeping it, because it's nice and gibson headstock has nice mojo (not being sarcastic, I really believe it). I also adore the HSC it came with -- very nice case.

One other thought is that the finish isn't smooth like most guitars -- it's kinda rough -- so playing the neck takes some getting used to. This isn't a plus or minus, it's a taste thing, I think many people would either love it or hate it.

I never made the NGD thread so here's a few pics here. sorry about the thunder sharing, I just didn't want to make a stand alone NGD thread for something I'm returning.

gibson1.jpg

gibson8.jpg

gibson9.jpg

gibson7.jpg

gibson1b.jpg

• Members

HNGD!!!!

The Vintage Mahogany's I have played have really impressed me.

I am not a fan of the Burstbucker pick-ups in the NEW Standards, but on the VMs they sound really nice.:thu:

Congrats on your new Les Paul!

Howard

• Members

Congrats! I picked one up in brown a few months ago. I like the lighter weight (~7 lbs) compared to my LP Studio Premium Plus (~12 lbs). Plus, I love how it doesn't show finger prints! A little lemon oil every once in a while does wonders for the body.

• Members

Congrats! I picked one up in brown a few months ago. I like the lighter weight (~7 lbs) compared to my LP Studio Premium Plus (~12 lbs). Plus, I love how it doesn't show finger prints! A little lemon oil every once in a while does wonders for the body.

Thanks. Yes - I was pleased at the lighter weight.

- w

• Members
Got to do the cream plastic man; it makes it look so much better.

Here's one that I did a few years ago before I sold it off.

IMG_0176.jpg

That looks awesome. I have been thinking of doing the same thing. I thought it would look awesome. Now I know it does! Thanks man. :thu:

• Members

Don't they come with 498T?

The VMs used to come with Burstbukcers and Studios and Customs came with 490/498s.

If the new VMs are Studiuos and come with 490/498s that would be GREAT!

I used to have a Les Paul Studio Faded Maple that came with 490/498s, it was nice:thu:

Archived