Ed Roman butchers a Les Paul

Crunchtime

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing about that that's worse than chopping up a Les Paul is what he does it for. He messes up a good guitar, so he can take the neck and use his own body on it. Realistically, he doesn't need a Gibson neck for that (especially since he bashes them frequently); the only only reason he would be using a Gibson neck would be to charge more money for his guitars, and that's highly unethical.

• Members

The thing about that that's worse than chopping up a Les Paul is what he does it for. He messes up a good guitar, so he can take the neck and use his own body on it. Realistically, he doesn't need a Gibson neck for that (especially since he bashes them frequently); the only only reason he would be using a Gibson neck would be to charge more money for his guitars, and that's highly unethical.

he uses the neck so he can legally use the headstock and basically sell legal counterfiets.

doesnt make the guitars bad, but certainly shows his dishonesty. its not a conversion, its a new guitar with a plagarized headstock to give it percieved value.

also, the body hes smashing looks like a white wood, not mahogany.....

• Members

As much as I'm not a fan of Ed Roman, I was a frequent East Coast Music Mall customer back in the day. To be fair, I never saw him sell one of his "conversions" as a Gibson - he was, at the time, always up fron about what they were.

He still screwed me on my first PRS, and I think he's a douche, but I can't say he tried to pass those off as real Gibsons.

• Members

Seriously? Details?

It was 94 or 95, I was young and didn't know better. They had a price match policy, I found some PRS Customs at lower prices, he refused to honor the policy. I was too invested in the exact guitar he had to walk away, and he talked an extremely good line to the uninformed. Ended up buying the guitar and an extended warranty (for less than his marked price, but more than the price I'd found elsewhere), took the guitar back in for the "free" setup, they did it and told me it needed a fret level, that wasn't covered, on a 2-week old new PRS. It wasn't a complete buttrape, but it wasn't a good experience either.

Archived