Saw a freaky show on History Channel - "Secrets Of The Dollar Bill"

Phait

• Members

For another spin on Freemasonry and it effect on history, the story goes that

:

at the battle of Brandywine during the American Revolution, british officer, Colonel Patrick Ferguson (inventor of the Ferguson repeating rifle and an excellent marksman) had George Washington in his sights but chose not to kill him because they were both Free Masons (or because it was considered ungentlemanly to kill brother officers......pick your version). Had Washington been killed, it's very possible the US would not have continued the war. Great Britain would have held onto the colonies. Spain/France would have kept their respective parts of North America and so on and so on....

Interesting premise.....

• Members

For another spin on Freemasonry and it effect on history, the story goes that

:

at the battle of Brandywine during the American Revolution, british officer, Colonel Patrick Ferguson (inventor of the Ferguson repeating rifle and an excellent marksman) had George Washington in his sights but chose not to kill him because they were both Free Masons (or because it was considered ungentlemanly to kill brother officers......pick your version). Had Washington been killed, it's very possible the US would not have continued the war. Great Britain would have held onto the colonies. Spain/France would have kept their respective parts of North America and so on and so on....

Interesting premise.....

The buzzword in that post is "story". :wave:

• Members

Anyone who subscribes to any secret society, club, or ANY religion is a follower and living a shameful life. Oh yeah i'm sayin it.

We are put here to learn to think for ourselves. Not to Blindly follow old rules, doctrines, religions/organizations or other peoples thought from the past.

We each have the capacity to work out our own perceptions of this world and make out our own conception of what this life and world are all about.

That is why we are all drawn to creativity.

It's easy to dismiss this trash and be disgusted by these people when you keep that in mind.

If you understand what i am saying here you will hopefully be tempted to throw your television off of a cliff.

If I was religious, I would say "amen to that", or something.

Religion is about guilt, fear, and the absolution of the guilt and fear we monger and experience, because it's actually a lot easier than simply being responsible, tolerant, and being excellent to each other.

You're a liar? a thief? you really like the way you look? you {censored}ing shot somebody?

Well, hey - just read this book, say you're sorry, and accept this quasi-historical person as the son of a deity, and you will be rewarded in a mystical place where you float in an ethereal broth of bliss.

And don't be a bad person ...don't die with your boxers around your ankles, while getting off on BDSM pr0n, or else you will roast on an eternal bbq pit.

mmhmmm :facepalm:

• Members

And don't be a bad person ...don't die with your boxers around your ankles, while getting off on BDSM pr0n, or else you will roast on an eternal bbq pit.

mmhmmm
:facepalm:

You don't go to hell for that. Really tired of such misunderstandings. Hell is for non-believers.

*I'm not Christian, I used to be. But I prefer to clarify.

• Members

You don't go to hell for that. Really tired of such misunderstandings. Hell is for non-
believers

I'm not Christian, I used to be. But I prefer to clarify.

hmmm...my understanding was that belief didn't count for salvation if it wasn't accompanied by a sincere attempt to live right....maybe not totally successful in living right, but the sincere attempt required.

And I believe that, at least in modern orthodox Catholocism, that salvation is not restricted to only Christians (although they have probably the best chance). Lutherans and other Protestants may disagree with that. But the Catholics were there first.:)

But correct me if I'm wrong about this.

nat whilk ii

• Members

You don't go to hell for that. Really tired of such misunderstandings. Hell is for non-
believers

I'm not Christian, I used to be. But I prefer to clarify.

So as long as I believe in Jesus, I can commit every sin and atrocity known to man, and I still get into heaven?

Wow...sign me up!

:facepalm:

• Members

Sensationalism and wild speculation always made for great television, and great fodder for conspiracy theorists.
:)
That's why the tabloids are recession-proof.

Shame that the History Channel has gone that route.

I wish that tabloids were recession proof... My favorite, The Globe went out of business last year.

It was the one that had stuff like 'Goat Boy suspected to be love child of Elvis and Lassie', and 'Alien mutants control the White House from afar'

-- it was AWESOME and I miss it terribly. Now all that remains is complete trash by comparison - - Brittney flashing her bald head and whatever else, Paris Hilton latest non-sequitor, etc.; none of which will ever hold a candle to the creativity of stuff like 'Devil reborn in Cleveland as love child of the mayor and escaped orangatang'

Archived