batotman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by batotman

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7410221810

:D

WOW look at the truss cover lettering. it's way off center !

allowing these bogus guitars to be sold to an unsuspecting buyer does a disservice to all ebayers. it's like watching your buddy's house next door get ripped off and not calling the police. if you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem!

• Members
Originally posted by bzja

WOW look at the truss cover lettering. it's way off center !

allowing these bogus guitars to be sold to an unsuspecting buyer does a disservice to all ebayers. it's like watching your buddy's house next door get ripped off and not calling the police. if you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem!

Yeah....all i have to say to that seller is....GOTCHA BITCH! Its gone!

:D

• Members

Here's Gibsons answer when I wrote them to complain about the Chinese fakes:

"Thank you for your E-mail.
There are indeed quite a lot of fake guitars on E-bay at the moment, but
our brand protection department is already working on it. It is indeed
illegal to make and sell these guitars, so I really appreciate your
attentiveness and concerns.

For the moment we have to wait for the procedures of our brand
protection department to end."

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

It's none of your business. If you don't like them, don't buy them, but don't turn into a snitch.....nobody likes a snitch......

Dumbass, your defending fraud which is illegal and unethical. Most of these chinese sellers are purposely misrepresenting the items they sell. Trying pass off fakes as real gibsons, fenders, gretsches or other guitars is pathetic. Often false information is given or no information and just pics which would lead a buyer to think its genuine.

It is different if they clearly state these guitars are NOT gibsons, fenders.. but cheap copies with fake logos and detailed the pathetic specs but its still cheesy, questionable, and possibly violates ebay policies along with trademark laws. At least they are honest that they are selling junk. Some genuine guitars are junk too such as signature series guitars by gibson and such. Some dishonest domestic sellers have tried to misrepresent those pos guitars with usa made gibsons.

• Members

Did you buy a multi effects pedal from this guy?

I just "won" one last night and then got this message in my inbox today:

-----------------------------------------------

Your recent Guitar Pedal purchase

I sent this to those who won a pedal from Northwind_01 in the last week. Someone contacted me & I then looked into it even though I've already sent a money order, if you got your pedal please let me know.

Address Northwind_01 uses:

Ka Yee Ng

RC Shack Department 2107 Danforth Avenue,

Unit #326

Toronto, ON M4C 1K1

Canada

Is a rented mailbox

http://www.envoy.ca/2107danforth.htm

Supposedly he's changed this in his recent auctions but it is the address I got.

His phone # from eBay User Information request is 905-548-5123. I called it & it is for Bell/Karen Stock Development.

His feedback is mostly gotten by winning $1 items. Check sellers of his old auctions to confirm. He only accepts cashiers checks/money orders. His email is an @yahoo free account. Canadian bidders are blocked from his auctions, but he's in Canada.

He won't provide pictures of the actual item

Won't provide home address or phone #

Won't respond to emails

-----------------------------------------------

The deal did seem to good to be true and I was awaiting a reply to a few questions. Luckily I'm not out any money no matter how it turns out, although somehow I doubt I'll ever be seeing that pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by jokerman

yes

No pics of the headstock or anything, the pic could even be stolen (they do that).

They do make cheap copies with those rings. Also the feedback (95,5%) doesn't look too good, even if the comments are all in Chinese.

Archived