Which Les Paul is this? (You may contribute to a NGD?)

jsmith37

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If the guitar was in a regular pawn shop I would be weary.

When people need money they sell things.

If you bring a Les Paul into a music store to sell they're not going to give you very much for it - but they will give you more then a pawn shop.

They will also inspect the guitar, check that the truss rod works, etc... it may be that this guitar has an issue that may be expensive to fix.

I'm not saying don't buy it, I'm saying check it out first.

• Members
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/halo_tone/halo_rocks/CME_wall1.jpg

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/gibson/new/standard-premium-plus.htm

Check out that site....says brown back with Desert Burst Finish.....it probably was a deep dark brown....rather then black.
Only thing that doesn't match is the case and neck profile??:facepalm:

It's gotta be a Premium Plus AAA

• Members
:o

EDIT: How do I know if it's a Premium Plus or just a fancy topped Standard?

I know Gibson's serials at this time are: YDDDYBPPP
So, I could narrow down the year for sure......

The Standard Plus was discontinued in 2001.

If it actually is a 2007, is it just a super fancy topped Standard?

Further more.....were the Premium Plus or Plus versions just deemed that by Gibson because the tops came out nicer then the regular standards? Or did they actually have runs of these?

• Members

MetalheadUK, I think you're right.....it's just a standard with a really nice top.

The premium plus didn't come with a 60's style neck, nor a case with white lining. (neither did the Standard Plus).

$1499 for a standard LP? :idk:

• Members
MetalheadUK, I think you're right.....it's just a standard with a really nice top.

The premium plus didn't come with a 60's style neck, nor a case with white lining. (neither did the Standard Plus).

$1499 for a standard LP?
:idk:

Still it is not a bad price....BUT.... play it first!!!! If you love the way it feels, and how it sounds, IT IS WORTH every penny....

It is a good guitar, buy it, call gibson to find out if it is ok (not fake) and then decide, like you say, you can still return it....

imho

:wave:

• Members

Looks like the range on the Standard LPs is $1200 to $1900. :confused:

I've played it, and I did like it.....felt and looked really nice. I swear, it's in brand new condition. Maybe a small belt buckle mark on the back....but that's it.
Do I need it? probably not. Do I want it? Hell yes.
If I bought it, I'd probably hang on to it for a very long time....and never gig with it.

I suppose I could let go of a few guitars I've been holding onto.....like my PRS Singlebut SE and Gibson LPDC Faded. :o

I'll probably just go check it out again....since I did my research. Check the date, and play it for a while....and see if it twists my nipples or not.

My Singlecut is basically the same thing......:rolleyes:

• Members

If you have the serial number call Gibson customer serive and they'll tell you what model it is and give you specs. I thought Standards starting in 2002 had the AA top. Mine is a 2002 in honeyburst. I know desert burst is an option that can vary in darkness. Here's my 2002 Standard,

CIMG0387.jpg

• Members

Did you call Gibson and check that the serial matches the color and also they will tell you the model....

If everything comes together, I would jump....

unless you are in the US, are you?

if yes, get this Guitar:

633562170892317904.jpg

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Les-Paul-Axcess-Standard-Electric-Guitar-531000-i1424102.gc

Musician Friends is selling them for $1999, but you need to call in to get that price... If I had the money I would buy it..... HECK of a guitar... Custom and with a tremolo!

BEAUTY!

just saying....

• Members
I called Gibson, but no one answered.

...and there is no way in hell I'd buy that LP with a floyd.
:cop:

Sorry... I was trying to help..... :idk:

still, call Musician friends, sometimes they have lp customs a great prices, and for a little more you get a guitar that will be a keeper... imho

• Members
Good idea. I'll go check it out, copy the serial, then call Gibson C.S.
:thu:

Nice guitar!

At this point, I'm 95% sure it's a standard.

What do you think of that price Phillbis?

I paid $1499 for mine and I think I got a fair price!

• Members

$1499 for a standard LP?
:idk:

Yep, I still think that.

Gibson "upgraded" the Standard in 2003 to include a slightly narrower vintage correct headstock width, AA tops as standard, choice of 50's or 60's necks, burstbuckers, and nickel harware, and (under the sticker) a plain truss rod cover.

If the one you want is as nice as mine, then it's a bargain, but caveat emptor, as it took me a LONG time to find my Standard...I played a LOT of very unimpressive LPs before I found mine.

If you are not hung up on Gibson, get yourself an Edwards, or a MIJ Tokai, or a vintage burny or Greco or whatever.

You'll have as good (and by my experience) possibly better guitar for less wedge.

:thu:

• Members
Did you call Gibson and check that the serial matches the color and also they will tell you the model....

If everything comes together, I would jump....

unless you are in the US, are you?

if yes, get this Guitar:

633562170892317904.jpg

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Les-Paul-Axcess-Standard-Electric-Guitar-531000-i1424102.gc

Musician Friends is selling them for $1999, but you need to call in to get that price... If I had the money I would buy it..... HECK of a guitar... Custom and with a tremolo!

BEAUTY!

just saying....

WOW!!!!! Although I guess they clearly aren't selling well with the FRs.

Archived