"Why don't you take your two wolfgangs and stick them up your ass and never......

Bbreaker

• Members

Wow. Sorry you got so many kooks out to get you on Craigslist.

I wouldn't touch a stock 1961 sg.... thats quite a valuable guitar.

Much less turn it into a shred machine

IMO, that shredded '61 SG/LP is maybe $200.00 and that's only to remove the Kahler & EMG's.

Then sell those parts on Craigslist.:deadhorse:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, every time I have sold on CL it is pretty straightforward; guy calls me, comes to check out guitar/amp, hands me the money at my asking price, and goes home. They're all normal guys, haven't met any psychos yet. What the hell is the deal with all of these fruitcakes everyone else bumps into?

I guess I am due for the Craigslist killer to come-a-knockin any day now though.

• Members

Man, every time I have sold on CL it is pretty straightforward; guy calls me, comes to check out guitar/amp, hands me the money at my asking price, and goes home. They're all normal guys, haven't met any psychos yet. What the hell is the deal with all of these fruitcakes everyone else bumps into?

I guess I am due for the Craigslist killer to come-a-knockin any day now though.

knock knock

• Members
My CL add ain't going to last long.

I deleted one e mail where some guy wanted to bring lunch to my house to help get a deal done.

Now that's funny! I had a CL seller jump my ass too the other day. He has a bike listed at $5900. I said I'd come and get it ASAP if he'd take $5700. He must have been insulted by the lowball offer.

• Members

I'd be interested in that SG, but not dealing with the guy.

Craigslist is usually pretty useless. The only thing I've ever found on Craigslist have been people willing to ship, which sort of defeats the purpose, but maybe my area is just a wasteland.

I posted a couple guitars for sale previously, only one guy wasn't a scammer. He tried to meet with me three times, cancelled and rescheduled an hour or so before the first two times. The third, he didn't show, didn't call, and never responded to any further phone calls or emails. Fuck em.

I posted a "looking for housing" post recently. I get two or three scammers a day trying to send me to a website to "verify if my credit score," at which point they'd steal it. Not one legitimate email yet.

Another I was interested in was a casting/crew call for a local independent movie. I looked they guy up when he never responded. You can form your own opinions.

http://www.myspace.com/136747061

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908020/

My family sends me local ones that are pretty funny. Two guys were trying to trade their kid's green turtle-shaped sandbox (like this'n)

Illibuck1.jpg

for liquor.

Another was a family just, straight up, asking for free money. Everything completely misspelled, "we need money to buy our kids Christmas gifts. Spent it all on drugs. Please help."

I won't even get started on Missed Connections and Casual Encounters, but I will say that, apparently, the upstairs men's bathroom in my campus' library is a meeting place for gay "casual encounters."

Craigslist, like the internet itself, is a great example of humanity's uninhibited nature.

• Members

This guy won't leave me alone.

His latest rant:

why you little punk, I told you never to contact me again.

In response to your "I play my vintage instruments kid" comment, I'm not a kid like you who talks tough hiding behind mommy's keyboard; Second a 2001 Wolfgang isn't a vintage guitar assclown.

An original SG/Les Paul is worth tens of thousands of dollars but because of the improvements I did to my guitar in the 80's it's worth a little less than half that. That would still make you way ahead, but your too much of a dumb{censored} to know what's best for you. You don't know your ass from your elbow.

I can tell from your emails that you are a real mommas boy.

and my comeback:

You

• Members

This guy won't leave me alone.

His latest rant:

why you little punk, I told you never to contact me again.

In response to your "I play my vintage instruments kid" comment, I'm not a kid like you who talks tough hiding behind mommy's keyboard; Second a 2001 Wolfgang isn't a vintage guitar assclown.

An original SG/Les Paul is worth tens of thousands of dollars but because of the improvements I did to my guitar in the 80's it's worth a little less than half that. That would still make you way ahead, but your too much of a dumb{censored} to know what's best for you. You don't know your ass from your elbow.

I can tell from your emails that you are a real mommas boy.

Signs of a weak/mentally challenged opponent:

-referring to you being young

-referring to you 'not playing' the guitar(s)

-getting offended when you politely stated that you weren't interested

-getting enraged over nothing

I've actually had a death threat from a similar site to Craigslist involving guitar sales and such. Different scenario all together but still somewhat related. There are meatballs everywhere in this world!

Post his email address and we'll all send him a note saying that he's a douche.

Archived