Samick guitars??

cincy_cosmo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure that it has been said, but Samick makes or has made guitars for almost every guitar company out there at some point.

I have a couple of their Greg Bennett models. Solid built guitars. You will probably want to upgrade the pickups though.

You can Google them or look them up on Wikipedia and find quite a bit of info on them.

• Members

It's a Samick Valley Arts Custom Shop guitar. Very nice. David Gilmour EMG's in it. Beautiful finish. It has the Korean bolt on neck plate. I just need to get some idea of what it's worth.

The pickguard and pickups are worth more than the guitar itself. I have bought 2 Samick Valley Arts guitars on eBay. One was $150 and the other was $199. A lot of people see "Samick" and run away. There is one on eBay right now with a BIN of $199. It would all depend on how much more you could get for it with the Gilmour set in it.

• Members

I have a Samick Valley Arts series strat. From about 1994. It originally had funky/crappy pickups that where the wire in the coils were wrapped with thick copper tape. They sounded very thin and weak.

I replaced them with the GFS Premium Alnico II set. Radical improvement. I also Gilmourized it while I was in there.

I love the neck on it. My #1 strat is an 83 MIJ JV Series Squier and my #2 is a partscaster with a Robert Cray neck and I'd say in some ways, I prefer the Samick. It's about the size of the Baja tele neck. It also has a nicely relieved area behind the neck picket for a little better upper fret access.

P1070637a1.jpg

P1070645a1.jpg

• Members

I just recently picked up a made in Korea Bennett Fastback FB3 with Duncan Design pickups. It has a quilted top and rosewood fretboard. It's a real nice guitar and I had planned to rewire it just as a learning experience but I just saw the AD-201s over at Rondo so the Bennett might have to go.

Looks just like this one-

120197480223-1.jpg

• Members

Samick..Huh

ESP

PRS SE

Dean

Schecter

Agile

Dillion

Epiphone

as a ton of others you are already playing.

Samick has if I remember four factories and use CNC machines, adher to specifications and are required to indicate what tone woods and parts that are used.

• Members

I have a Samick "F" mandolin and it's nothing too special where it counts: playability and sound. On the looks, however, they did an OK job (Tip: if you want a good mandolin on a budget, Don't buy a cheap F mandolin, buy a good A one).

Myirishband.jpg

J4100001.jpg

PS: The roundback one on the left is a 100 year old washburn (JerryPicker also own one of those).

• Members

World Music = SAMICK

Samick Makes:

1. Epiphone

2. PRS SE series

3. Agile

4. Jackson

5. ESP

6. Ibanez

7. Michael Kelly

8. Dillion

9. Dean

10. Johnson

11. Jay Turser

There are more - oh, yeah you've played a Samick. Just like someone else wrote Samick has many factories around in the east, along with Cort.

Cort makes alot of ibanez's also,acoustics anyway...i love my Corts

Damon

Archived