NGD Fender Friday White MIM Strat

tkachuk07

• Members

Received mine today. Very nice guitar. Came set up well, just minor tuning and ready to play. I'll lower the action some more & other setup stuff, but very playable out of box. It's a resonant guitar, wasn't getting any buzzing, finish looks great. Played briefly through a Fender SuperChamp XD & it sounds good. The ceramics seem a little less quacky in 2 & 4 than alnicos, but still good sounds. I haven't messed with pup heights yet.

I'd say it's my best Strat already from my brief run over. I have a 2006 MIM Strat with upgraded pups. I may like the pups from the 2006 in the 2009, but the 2009 guitar is better all around.

The Squier CV 60 is very nice. It's resonant, low action with no buzzing, slightly lighter than the 2009 MIM, slightly slimmer neck, some of the hardware feels cheaper, bridge, pots, switch. If I upgraded those hardware items then it would be very close. Neck preference & what pups you had in there would likely be the deciding factor.

whitestrat.jpg

• Members

I ordered a Lake Placid Blue tele on the same deal (they were out of Arcitc White, so they offered me my choice of strat/tele colors), and the iPod is supposed to be included. As of now (per UPS) :

Location Date Local Time Description

SUNNYVALE, CA, US 08/20/2009 5:50 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

I'm so excited my nipples are rubbing against my shirt. Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I have to hide behind my monitor...

• Members
I ordered a Lake Placid Blue tele on the same deal (they were out of Arcitc White, so they offered me my choice of strat/tele colors), and the iPod is supposed to be included. As of now (per UPS) :

Location Date Local Time Description

SUNNYVALE, CA, US 08/20/2009 5:50 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

I'm so excited my nipples are rubbing against my shirt. Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I have to hide behind my monitor...

Ouch - hopefully the shirt's not poly - they will get that raw soreness :eek::poke:

• Members

I heard about that a day late and a dollar short glade to see somebody took advantage of that sale..I have the same guitar but with the fat Strat setup..I too was impressed by the 08/09 MIM Strats..There quality sunk some what in the late 90's and early 00's but now it is fantastic on the MIM's

Archived