show me your beatup/trashed guitar

Cwizzy

• Members

i wanna see does beatup guitar covered ind stickers. the dirty and uglier the better.

i'll start with mine my first guitar. it's a strat copy by a company called tenson. it plays, sound and feels like crap.

it's always bin the target of grafitti carving with nice when me and my friends are drunk and/or stoned.

P1050490.jpg

P1050491.jpg

//Ilfeldt

• Members

even tho it's worn it looks amazing

Oh... Beaty was supposed to be beauty... got it. :thu:

Well, it's my first guitar. It a Japanese Squier I got in 1986. 3 refinishes, blocked Kahler rout, control re-lay-out, and fretboard epoxy later... it still sounds awful.. lol

• Members

AriaProIIRSX80.jpg

My 1st guitar, acquired in 94. The punk who sold it to me used it to beat up his amps live (punk are meant to immune to stars gimmick, aren't they? :idk:) and so has 2 fairly big chips of poly missing, one you can see on the left bout, the other by the jack plug.

A luck the guitas was structuraly unaffected by these theatrics.

The headstock is fairly chipped too. Does that count?

It clearly isn't the most beat up guitar. I shall walk out of this thread now...... :lol:

• Members

AriaProIIRSX80.jpg

My 1st guitar, acquired in 94. The punk who sold it to me used it to beat up his amps live (punk are meant to immune to stars gimmick, aren't they?
:idk:
) and so has 2 fairly big chips of poly missing, one you can see on the left bout, the other by the jack plug.

A luck the guitas was structuraly unaffected by these theatrics.

The headstock is fairly chipped too. Does that count?

It clearly isn't the most beat up guitar. I shall walk out of this thread now......
:lol:

what brand guitarnis that?

• Members

It's an Aria Pro RS X80 - made in the matsumoku factory in Japan in 1983.

I've been very lucky with this guitar - I got it really cheap because of the treatment the punk subjected it to, but beside these 2 big chips missing, it's in very good condition, and is a very well made guitar.

Neck through laminate of walnut and maple with ash for the body "wings". All that beautiful wood then covered of copious amount of thick poly in true 80s fashion. Also has onboard {censored}ty distortion feeding of 2 9v batteries if you wanted to use that.

:thu:

The original pick ups were Di Marzio super distortion, since changed to Di Marzio Paf Pro & XN2.

• Members

concert_railfan_family273.jpg

The Trashcaster- a bastardized cheap Harmony (and not one of the good ones either). It came to me with a broken truss rod and no electronics, so I decided to make it into a slide guitar. I didn't have a pickguard or anything else to restore it well, so I just hacked something together in a day, with the only goal being making it somewhat usable.

IMG_2636.jpg

Epi G-400 Vintage

This guitar hasn't really been abused, but it has plenty of play and gig wear. It is surprisingly tough, having survived several hard falls without a headstock break, the only effect I've noticed is a tiny finish crack that I'm keeping an eye on.

• Members

concert_railfan_family273.jpg
The Trashcaster- a bastardized cheap Harmony (and not one of the good ones either). It came to me with a broken truss rod and no electronics, so I decided to make it into a slide guitar. I didn't have a pickguard or anything else to restore it well, so I just hacked something together in a day, with the only goal being making it somewhat usable.

now that's trashy

• Members

By the time this got to me, it was more a salvage job than a relic. A buddy of mine made this out of parts, then let his son "Townshend" it playing in his son's band.

FrankenteleRearSmaller.jpg

In additon to the dings, the whole string-through inset was gouged out with a chisel or something, and the brass retaining plate cut with a tinsnips. Apparently the toploader body was changed to a string-through with a hand powrill drill. There are no string ferrules, thus necessitating the backplate. If you look REAL carefully up above that, to the upper left, there's a pentagram the "luthier's" son gouged into the guitar, but I filled in with a Sharpie. It's usually covered by a US flag pressure-"decal" that I took off for the photo.

FrankenteleTopSmaller.jpg

I was hoping the badly gouged lower edge of the cutout for the Seymour Duncan mini-humbucker would show better, but it's hard to see. Also, the tuners had a weird purple tint on them, which I mostly have scratched off, thus her name, "Violet."

I bought the guitar as a favor to my bud for a Benjamin, as he was recording and out of funds. Tooks another $56 or so (nut, knobs, setup) to get her playable.

Archived