More Props for Sweetwater Music

nuke_diver

• Members

I know they already get a bunch around here but this is worth repeating IMO

I was interested in an Mbox 2 mini to use to record was well as the additional software it comes with (drum machine/sequencer and BFD lite primarily). It would seem to have covered all my needs. I did some checking around and everyone was about the same price ~$295 but SW has 2 year warrenty so I was going to get it from them. So I wrote my sales engineer Mark to get his opinion the Mbox (note that all I have purchased from them in the past is a box of strings). The day he called me make my buddy from work had dropped by with a Guitar Center ad with the Mbox for 254 (45 year anniversary price). I spoke with Mark but told him that unfortunately his competitor had a special price. So he asked what it was to see what he could do. Not only did he match it he beat it :thu:. And given that there was no tax from SW for me it was a good deal (even though I had to pay for shipping to get that price). It saved me $25 over GC when it was all said and done.

So fast forward to the delivery. I go to install the ProTools software and it won't install. I get an error. I call up Mark the next day and he gets me in touch with their tech support people (another perk that SW has). I explain the problem and the guy says bad DVD and that he'll send another right away. Great! Two days later it's here. Only it was shipped in a padded envelop which should be ok except some dope at FEDEX must have used it to drag a box around and the package is a bit damaged. No problem right DVD should be ok...oh {censored} no it's all scratched to hell. I try it anyway but no good :cry:. So I call again and they send me another right away no questions asked. This one arrives in perfect condition and everything installs fine.

The support from Sweetwater has been nothing short of amazing :thu:. They have now jumped to the 1st position on music stuff I buy online even if there is a slight difference in price. I would even now consider buying a guitar from them even though I'm not keen on buying guitars sight unseen. I have full confidence that they will do everything they can to provide the customer with what they want.

Thanks you Sweetwater, you've earned my trust and my future business

• Members

And they ship their orders with candy :cop:

Bit o honey FTW!!

alan is the guy that always handles my orders there. I recently ordered some new hardware for my les paul and he called me literally before I could even put my credit card away to tell me some stuff was back ordered. They're always on top of their game and I always go to them before MF/GC/whoever else.

• Members

I am a huge fan of Sweetwater. I have bought many things from them including a Stratocaster. Never had any issues that they couldn't solve in a heartbeat. Even if they are slightly higher in price and cannot do anything about the price, I will still buy from them because they seem to be the last company left to put the customer first. Free shipping on literally everything and free candy doesn't hurt!

• Members

They are great to deal with. Unlike those assholes:mad:at Pro sound and stage lighting . They go the extra mile. Emmett the salesman is a great guy ,keep's me updated when I want something. :thu:And I got the tootsie roll's in my order.:cool::cool::):eek::thu:

• Members

I've become a big fan of Sweetwater. The convenience of an online dealer, with the personal service of a local shop. I ordered freaking strings from them and the salesmen emailed me making sure I was happy with the order. I ordered an iGTR (headphone amp) and I got a call from the same guy making sure I was happy and knew about the features of it. Excellent service.

• Members

I had a similar experience. I ordered a Presonus Audiobox USB ($149) and received it a few days later but when I went to install the drivers I found that Presonus didn't have drivers available for 64-bit vista. I tried every way I could to get it to work and it wouldn't. I called up my sales engineer (Mike) and he apologized for the mixup and offered me a M-Audio FastTrack Pro ($199) at no additional cost. So I shipped the Audiobox back and had my FastTrack Pro about a week later. 2 Thumbs Way Up for the guys @ SW

• Members

I do like the fact that it is free shipping on any size order, but I try to not abuse it. So I try to put together a few things I need to make it a bit more economical for them too. I figure, "abuse it, and we'll lose it". After all, they do that to attract customers.

My last order was pretty small, but it was still at least a quality tweed cable and a Fast Fret. But I've also bought around a dozen guitars/amps from them, so they've done well by me as well. ;)

• Members

You'd hope they'd get it right the third time.

None of the problems were Sweetwaters. The disk was bad (Digidesign QA issue), the package was damaged in shipping (FEDEX issue). Yet in both cases Sweetwater went out of their way to make it right and even shipped the disk out express to get it there sooner costing them money. In the first case they could have said it was a manufacturers problem and that I would have to contact them...kind of like what MF did when I had the initial problems with my Crate. My options from them was to ship it back or contact the manufacturer, they did not make any offers to fix it (the fix was eventually done by Loud sending me new tubes)

• Members

Just ordered an SM57, Blue Mic Icicle interface, and a few other things from them today. I really like to work with them. Especially since they are from my home state. Trying to support local businesses when I can. Bye the way, Weber and Ear Candy are also local for me. :thu:

• Members

Never ordered anything from them but I did call a few years ago about a guitar and the guy on the phone was very helpful.

I love the Guitar Gallery, if you're buying a highend guitar, it's great to at least see what it will look like, even if you can't play it.

Archived