Would you buy this stratocaster? (hypothetical situation)

Anonymous Guy

• Members

You get the opportunity to buy a Fender Stratocaster. When its in your hands, the action feels good, the tone is loud and resonant, and the guitar feels surprisingly light in your hands.

The guitar is close to being sold, until you ask the seller to peek underneath the pickguard...

78509981.jpg

That aside, would you still buy the guitar?

• Members

With some serious negotiating, maybe.

Looks like someone went bat{censored} with a router on a Tom Delonge Strat.

I like the single pickup setup, but hell, it's already routed, drop i three humbuckers with individual volume and tone controls (mini pots are your friend), and an on/off/out of phase or split switch for each. You'll have the room, the possibilities are endless my boy!

• Members

WOW- that's a tough one. Shouldn't matter since it's under the pickguard, but that would definitely bug the crap out of me.

Lou

For real. I mean, you can't argue with playability and sound..

But just knowing what horrors lie beneath would bug the {censored} outta me, too.

• Members
You get the opportunity to buy a Fender Stratocaster. When its in your hands, the action feels good, the tone is loud and resonant, and the guitar feels surprisingly light in your hands.

The guitar is close to being sold, until you ask the seller to peek underneath the pickguard...

78509981.jpg

That aside, would you still buy the guitar?

Buy on playability, sound... NOT LOOKS.

Get it. Forget it. Play it!

:D

M

• Members
I think I'd pass. That would tend to make for a flimsy pickup mount. Maybe resulting in the bad kind of feedback.

Any pickups are going to be mounted to the pickguard... even without the "extra" routing, there's typically no pickup on wood in this type of strat.

I don't think there would be any difference in feedback and it shouldnt be flimsy.

The OP would probably NEVER notice this... but now he will KNOW, so :eek:

M

• Members

thats weird...cause tom delonges were already full routed... why do that to it??

the squier version isn't routed for anything other than a vol pot and bridge pickup. thats why I wanted one. Full size strat, string thru body with out hardly any routing.

Archived