What's Your Oldest Guitar Strap?

gergbee

• Members

Being 31, I cant have possibly owned a guitar strap as long as some of you. My oldest is a black,brown and yellow fender strap from about 1994.The one with the pictures of the headstock in a box then with "Fender" above it, its a repetitive pattern. Its my favorite strap, although a little short so I extended it with a piece of shoe lace. My oldest guitar is a 43 year old Fender.

• Members

...my oldest strap still in use is a '01 Ernie Ball in hunter green...nothing special...but I have the remnants of a strap my grandfather bought in 1967 when he bought the Gibson ES330 that I currently have...I used to keep it on there, but the leather lost all its integrity, I have all the pieces still...it was a real skinny number, with a shoulder pad with red felt on the bottom...it only had one hole in it for the strap button...the other part had a buckle that went around the headstock...good times...

• Members

I also have a Fretsling from around '77 or '78, by far and away the best strap I have. I don't know why I have never taken somewhere and had more made up (the company is long gone). I also have a couple of snakeskin straps and one made from a leather belt that are approx the same vintage.

Whats next, a "who has the oldest pick" thread? :)

scott944, are you a Rennlister?

Regards,

Archived