NBCD: new build complete day... Les Paul Junior

Bowen

• Members

Here is the build thread for this guitar.

This was a nice build with no surprises or major problems. This is the first set neck and the first tru-oil finish that I've done. The set neck was not mush fun so I'll probably stick with neck through or bolt on in the future.

Specs:

African mahogany neck and body

Cocobolo fingerboard with stainless frets and abalone dots

Wenge headstock overlay and pickguard

Ebony truss rod cover/cavity cover and knobs

25.5" scale

GFS P90

The guitar sounds like you'd expect, a punchy growly p90 tone that sweetens up very nicely. The weight is probably 9 or 10 lbs, Ive got no scale.

I had been planning to keep this one but it needs find another home.

Note about the pics: the flash highlighted the grain quite a bit on the full front and back shots. I was not friends with the camera today.

jr1.jpg

jr2.jpg

jr3.jpg

jr4.jpg

• Members

hot damn that's sexy!!!

Nice job man. Stellar fretwork and fingerboard.

I have played one of his guitars and it was the best feeling neck and fretwork I've laid hands on.

He's a master on the neck!

Bowen - I still want a guitar made by you but of course, the economy is what it is...

• Members

Thanks again! I hoped to have some sound clips but there is another guitar on the workbench that I need to finish.

I have played one of his guitars and it was the best feeling neck and fretwork I've laid hands on.

He's a master on the neck!

Bowen - I still want a guitar made by you but of course, the economy is what it is...

Thanks! The guitar that you played is one of the first pair that I built. This LP Jr. is number 17 I think.

• Members

Bowen, that's fabulous!

I hope mine comes out 1/10th as nice as that.

I'm working the same plan, but it will take much, much longer, what with using the tools from the local highschool adult ed class on Thursday evenings... when I'm not on the road as this week and last.

Archived